Stage6 Italian Open - awesome Video

Thilo_SA

Hi,

just back from a great weekend in Latina (near Rome). We changed the teamleader from Christofolini to Costantino Racing Team, and with Blando we found a new succesfull rider joined our Team. Now the official Stage6 teams is Mauro Montagna, Diego Calonaci & Alessandro Blando. The new reengineered engines from Filippo Costantino performs as hell. If you have seen the 1.race of Stage6 cup in Ottobiano, Russo from the Malossi Team beats everyone. The 2nd race the Stage6 team already performs almost the same. The 3.rd race in Latina, Stage6 team races with a bang.
Watch the videos:

1.run - Open Expert
http://www.scootertuning.tv/view_video.php?viewkey=f9021694f6e51cc07fe3&page=1&viewtype=&category=mr

2.run - Open Expert
http://www.scootertuning.tv/view_video.php?viewkey=7535158f66cfbd4b113b&page=1&viewtype=&category=mr

Discussion after the race. The guy in the yellow shirt couldn`t believe the performance.
http://www.scootertuning.tv/view_video.php?viewkey=a5c44a0323518eec97cb&page=1&viewtype=&category=mr

Advertisement - register to remove this

Around 23,5 BHP. We tested Massimos 7T Malossi engine on our Dyno, and it was 24 BHP, but very peaky. The Stage6 has a little less power but much better band.

Is that with a R1400 exhaust or are they allowed to use other exhaust like team2004 etc. ? And also with a 19mm carb?

Holy crap..

We're looking for four horses right now.... :'( (if the open70 cup has the same rules as the Dutch riders..).

I remember from the ISDM @ Spa a year ago, the rules are a little bit different from the Dutch SBO ones...

That's impossible Sander, I think these are hp's aren't measured @ the backwheel. I can believe that we aren't there yet...but I know for sure that they don't have 4HP more then that we have right now :)

But offcourse I do believe that this thing goes like hell! :p

The Italian open expert cup is limited to 19mm carbs.
The engines Costantino built are fitted with R/T crank with 85mm rod, Stage6 racing cylinder and Asso piston (same as Polini Evolution), R1400 exhaust out of the box, 19mm Dellorto carb, complete overworked, Stage6 R/T ignition (curve #1), Overrange and gears from Malossi, Valve right now Malossi.. but soon exchanged by the new R/T valve. The crankcase and cylinder engineering is brilliant. Never seen such a good work. The head chamber is selfmade.

That's impossible Sander, I think these are hp's aren't measured @ the backwheel. I can believe that we aren't there yet...but I know for sure that they don't have 4HP more then that we have right now :)

But offcourse I do believe that this thing goes like hell! :p

BHP = Break Horse Power. Messured on a P4. The engines we build and use on IDSM are around 22 BHP. Costantino add another 1,5 :) Also for me unbelieveable... But if you compare his work on the engines, you know it is possible. Compare the 1.race in Ottobiano and the last race videos from Latina. find them on scootertuning.tv

i've just seen the movies...offcourse I do believe what you are saying, no doubt about that. That thing is real fast! The p4 dyno is that the same as the dyno that you have @ SA? Because at that dyno I had 13 hp with my 50cc AC mhr with a 14mm carb 2 years ago (tested that with freddy)

When I was back in the Netherlands we tested the same racer on another dyno and there it had 11,5 hp. So there is a little difference then. But then even though we still miss like 2 hp :p

stage6 cilinder heeft ook wel een boel speelruimte, vraag me af hoeveel in de cup daar nou eigenlijk gebruik van maken...

stage6 cilinder heeft ook wel een boel speelruimte, vraag me af hoeveel in de cup daar nou eigenlijk gebruik van maken...

There really is enough space to change the both timings alot... I think there really is enough space to change a lot into the cilinder...

But otherwise that could also be a problem.....

i would like to see a chart of an italian racer's power ...

for me it's hard to believe that we stick 3 years of development into a cylinder and that the italians make a faster one on there first season

The Italien Stage6 Team (Montagna, Calonaci & Blando) will take part on the SBO 70cc Open Cup on 10th of August in Veldhoven. Hope to see you there !

Back