Stage6 21mm Black Edition with L/C 70cc -- Help

Cocytuss

I am from Sweden I have a NRG Piaggio DD L/C 2008. I have: Stage6 Sport pro 70CC. Stage6 PHBG 21mm Black edition. Now my question. Where in the hell do I put the hose from the water coolant from stage6 70cc top. Normally there are 2 hoses to the carburetor. One hose nipple from the top of the 70cc. The other hose goes back to the coolant. I am talking about the little hoses that warm up the carburetor. If there is no way to attach them to my carburetor what do I do with them? I hope I can attach them since Sweden is a very cold country and often scooters are hard to start here. All the best

Advertisement - register to remove this

Hi

Hey

As the name it already says "R/T" Racing Team, those carbs ment for Racing.:)
These kind of Carbs dont have this connections.
But they do have a choke,which u can use to improve the cold start.

Regards

I am from Sweden I have a NRG Piaggio DD L/C 2008. I have: Stage6 Sport pro 70CC. Stage6 PHBG 21mm Black edition. Now my question. Where in the hell do I put the hose from the water coolant from stage6 70cc top. Normally there are 2 hoses to the carburetor. One hose nipple from the top of the 70cc. The other hose goes back to the coolant. I am talking about the little hoses that warm up the carburetor. If there is no way to attach them to my carburetor what do I do with them? I hope I can attach them since Sweden is a very cold country and often scooters are hard to start here. All the best

I fail to see how connecting the coolant to your carb, can improve the coldstart on the scooter, in a cold country ? I mean, the coolant will be cold as well, when you coldstart the scooter, right ?

What those two nipples are for, is to prevent the possibillity of carburator icing in the intake, WHILE driving, by keeping the carburator warmer than the ambient air temp. They do not to improve coldstarting. To improve coldstarts, you use the choker, just as Aprilliafan stated.

As how to do it on the Stage R/T carbs, they are optimized PHBG carbs. If your old carb is a PHBG carb as well, you should be able to unscrew the carbheat nipples from that one, and screw them into the same holes on the R/T PHBG carb.

Dutch

Back