Rode evo home in rain and now.....

Ndog1

Mechanical Advisor
Hey guys, having some problems here. I was forced to ride home in the rain the other day with my reversed euro style open air filter and made it ok but now my scoot is acting weird. It is cutting out at WOT and I cant figure it out. It starts and runs fine in midrange.
The filter obviously was wet so I cant believe I made it home. I have taken the air filter off, cleaned it, dried it and re-oiled it lightly. I have cleaned my spark plug. I have put in a fresh tank of gas. I have also drained my float bowl just to make sure any moisture was out. I know moisture is the problem but dont know what else to do. Is is possible there is moisture trapped in my crankcase or what? When you rev it out it just cuts in and out like its hitting a rev limiter or something. The only thing I can think of is that moisture is somehow affecting my ignition system. Please help

Ndog1

Advertisement - register to remove this

If your air filter was wet, then it is a strong possibility that there's water in the crankcase as well... I'd pull the reed block and take a look. With the setup that you have, I think you should take the time to check it out. Rusty crank bearings are NOT good. Water in your engine can be very damaging... you may even want to pull your exhaust and look up into the cylinder to see if you can spot any damage. If there's any question at all, pull the cylinder to double check. Can't be too safe!

Keep us posted. It may not be related to water at all, but I'd surely give it a good going over to be safe.

~Josh

Hi Ndog, maybe you plug got fouled up, while the engine
was drinking water instead of fuel :).

Simpler than taking everything apart.. although as aeromist
says, maybe with your investment it would be the thing to
do.

Back