Quiet *and* fast exhaust for Neos

nickolas

Hi.

Can anyone tell me if there such a thing as a reasonably quiet aftermarket exhaust for a Neos scooter? I changed from the standard exhaust to a SITO 574 one when I got the scoot a few months ago and while it gives me a bit more speed, it's too damn noisy and definitely not worth the aggravation. It sort of drones heavily when you accelerate away then it's slightly more bearable when you've reached your top speed. The other day I saw a scooter on the road with a very nice-sounding (and obviously not standard) exhaust. It wasn't too loud but still apparently gave increased performance since I couldn't catch him to ask him what it was! The sound was a higher pitch than mine, but also quite low on the decibel scale. Quite pleasant to listen to on a daily basis, unlike mine.

What I'm actually thinking of doing is upgrading to a 70cc kit to get a bit more power and speed, so if anyone has suggestions for a combination of one of those kits and an exhaust pipe which would let the engine breathe while approximating the sound of the original exhaust, I would appreciate the help. I'm not looking to break the speed of sound, but maybe more or less double the speed of the original scooter without having to wear ear plugs and irritate my neighbours.

Thanks, Nick.

Advertisement - register to remove this

technigas quiet pro...there a quite a few exhausts out there that offer better performance while not being extremely loud. they look like stock pipes but aernt as restrictive.

nickolas said:
Thanks all.

Would the LeoVince SP3 or the Technigas Silent Pro work ok with a Polini 70CC EVO cylinder kit?

Thanks in advance, Nick.
lol, thats funny. run a corsa cylinder or better yet a contesa with those pipes.

rydah said:
lol, thats funny. run a corsa cylinder or better yet a contesa with those pipes.

Whatever you say, dude. Glad I could be of assistance in confirming your infinite wisdom of such a vital discipline. Peace.

Nicholas.

Back