Piaggio Zip50 Fast Rider

kittsonic

I am new to this forum..

I have the the zip 50 fast rider...the bike has being stranded for 2 years..i have decided to give a kick start..with a new battery and spark (champion from piaggio)...The bike started after hours of kick starting for a few seconds..and stopped

I have checked the carb and changed is to the new one (from piggio) it still does the same...starts ones after hours of kick starting it (obviously the electrical ignition does not work anymore,) that does not concern me now.

All the tubes to the carb are ok..could this maybe be the choker or electrical.
My lights, indicators and horn works perfect.

Please somebody advise..

Thank you
Kittsonic{!

Advertisement - register to remove this

the sparking of the ignition has nothing to do with the other electrical devices , what you can do is :

in this order :

check your sparkplug en replace it for a new one
check your sparkplug cover , with a multimeter , it must read about 5 K ohm
then check the cable , remove the sparkplug cover en hold it close to the cilinderhead and kick , of it is a goed blue spark the it is allright , of it can be done several times. sometimes it will spark just ones ..

the coil on the frame is often broken to , you can try a new one or use a multimeter (I do'nt know what the readings should be)

the Stator (ignition unit) can also be broken ..

and sometimes the flywheel crumbles , the magnet inside that is..

okay i have checked the spark and plug their is voltage about 5 K ohm,
my only guess would be that the fuel pipe is not giving enough fuel to the carb, or its sucking to much air..

I will have to check that again...but its start sometimes after a long while of kicking..its revs hard and i can not control it unless i turn the key off...what could that be???

Maybe the throttle needs tuning to the carb....

What about the air valve (pin) on the carb...maybe its not tuned properly

Can you advise please.

Back