Q about GILERA DNA

today i tested a lot ;) so with the original spring is a lof better on max speed 5-10km/h ! the start is slower but just a lit :] i can't expain my self why R.P.M. whit this spring are lower??? with 1.000rpm lower = more max speed so now i have to put middle spring to pull of max from eng.? or light rolls? and tomorow i will put the new carb ;)

the reason is with the malossi purple spring you need heavier rollers to overcome the stiffer spring so when you switched to the softer stock spring the rollers you have on right now can easily overcome the stiffness & hence the belt travels much higher on the face of the vario.

if you are suffering from slow starts it is bcoz of weak clutch springs, too heavy rollers or both. try stiffer clutchsprings fist then lighter rollers next.

tiba please give me some basic set up about the carb... it is dellorto PHBG 21 racing ds Main jet: 92, pilot jet: 50, needle W7 air screw 1,5 2,5 turns (basic)? needle possiton and air box?! new one or like mine now?

for best performance run it with a Polini airbox pod filter & then get a set of mainjets from 80 to 90 in these sizes (80 82 85 87 90), for the pilot jet get smaller sizes from 38 to 45 (38 40 42 45). needle position start with the 2nd groove from the top, air screw (i call it pilot screw) set at 1 turn out.

the reason is with the malossi purple spring you need heavier rollers to overcome the stiffer spring so when you switched to the softer stock spring the rollers you have on right now can easily overcome the stiffness & hence the belt travels much higher on the face of the vario.

if you are suffering from slow starts it is bcoz of weak clutch springs, too heavy rollers or both. try stiffer clutchsprings fist then lighter rollers next.
mhm i will try 5 gr. rollers? bcoz on max speed i rеach 10.000-10.500 rpm max! (in good weаther) on a straght or down hill it's the same... don't forget that i have malossi gears 14/48

for best performance run it with a Polini airbox pod filter & then get a set of mainjets from 80 to 90 in these sizes (80 82 85 87 90), for the pilot jet get smaller sizes from 38 to 45 (38 40 42 45). needle position start with the 2nd groove from the top, air screw (i call it pilot screw) set at 1 turn out.
mhm ok, i will order polini filter ;) but for now with original air box 21 carb or 17.5 ... the same :| (it is runing with out cover of the air box just with sponge)bcoz there is a lack of air ;)

at last some news,today i order polini evo 2 Cylinder whit crank evo and polini airbox :p now i am thinking for the exhaust bcoz now i am whith Gianelli Extra .... what can i expect whit it???? i know that it is for much lower RPMs,give me some offer for the best pipes for EVo 2 and best money-quality-max power pipes :)

at last some news,today i order polini evo 2 Cylinder whit crank evo and polini airbox :p now i am thinking for the exhaust bcoz now i am whith Gianelli Extra .... what can i expect whit it???? i know that it is for much lower RPMs,give me some offer for the best pipes for EVo 2 and best money-quality-max power pipes :)

Gianelli Extra isn't the best pipe for your kit, the MHR Team, Polini Evo or Roost custom pipes are your best choices.

9||6

008514407.jpg

008514404-big.jpg

008514408.jpg

008514405.jpg
:L

no,but maybe MHR evo... i have whole winter in front of me :)
first port file + polish then carters .. geting SKF C4 bearings :!

Last edited:
problem.. i make phone call to skf and they tell me that bearibg whit 52x20x12 sizes is just standart for scooters they can't tell me is it c4 or c3 loose ... or its max rpms so now what?

winter winter time for tuning 8)
009184250.jpg

009184251.jpg

I am working on crankcases and smoothening of the port areas :!
the firs run will be with my Gianelli pipe then i will buy someone,next job will be racing ignition

Last edited:
Hey tiba!

so far you are doing great, nice selection of parts, i think you will have a great running machine.

Don't forget you and I have to set this one up too yet. How are you?

picture.php

Here is the most recent shot of my build... the crank is installed and I, being a rookie, already screwed up. I didn't ream out the crankcases as noted in the Polini cylinder instuctions. How much performance will this cost me you think? Beause if it is minimal, I don't want to redo it. Any thoughts?
picture.php

Last edited:
Matching the cases to the cylinder will always make a great performance gain as you are effectively removing a restricted area out, and making it "flow" instead of having a smaller area to squeeze through

I would suggest taking the crank out - if you are looking at doing this yourself take a look through the dutch section ( and English of course ) and see how to go about this.
You will not only notice a hp gain, but power curve will change and you will get a nice clean response of the bike too.

Nice parts - Just need to spend some time getting the cases matched to the cylinder now ;)

Best of luck ! :D

- if you are looking at doing this yourself take a look through the dutch section ( and English of course ) and see how to go about this.

Best of luck ! :D

Thanks for the input.

What is a bummer though is that I know how it needs to be done, but don't have the $500.00 worth of tools needed.

No crank installation tool
No Reamer
No bearing puller

:'(

What's worse is I paid a shop $70.00 already to put it in.

Last edited:
Back