my gilera dna going slow

Sam071

Hi , i have a Gilera DNA 50 on a 2006 reg .

And i have just changed the old standard exhaust to a new one ,
which was a Stage6 PRO Replica Chrome CE Exhaust

i have took the restirction out the end , and my gilera is a lot slower than when i had my old restricted exhaust on ,

why is this ? and what must i do to get it to the old speed of my bike , or faster ? also i have been told of the old owner that the bike is upjetted.

thanks ,sam

Advertisement - register to remove this

The restrictions are most commonly just a washer inside the manifold of the exhaust where it connects to the cylinder and also there may be a restriction tube in the silencer. It looks like a torpedo with small cuts in it. You should also go with aprox. 1g ligher rollers than used in a completely stock engine and stiffer clutch springs, that would kick in at aprox. 6000-7000rpm. About the MJ - you should take it up a notch - let´s say about 5 sizes.

Greets xz...

hi xzburnoutzx

i took out the restrictor on my stage 6 exhaust , and it made no difference just made it sllower than when it had a restrictor in it .. , the bike now is much slower than when i had the standard restricted gilera exhaust on ..

can you explain this ?

so if i was to get 1g ligher rollers and stiffer clutch springs it would make it go back to the speed i used to get out of it ? .

also i didnt get what you meant by saying "MJ - you should take it up a notch"

thanks for your help ,sam.

Back