Polini 110 c.c.

Thanks Guys!.....but we are not using the Ruima crank, will use standard crank, this engine is for daily street use, so my friend want a very reliable engine. but as fast as possible, said this, what port timings do you recomend for an engine like this?

Regards,

if you want a ruima stroker crank i can send you one if you like.

if you want a ruima stroker crank i can send you one if you like.

Thanks!...Please P.M. with price and details and I will ask my friend.

Does the Ruima crank is exactly the same? I mean...can we use the Malossi vario, rotor, etc.? or it uses an small cone rotor?

Regards,

Last edited:
Ruima stroker crank will still accept the original vario & flywheel/rotor, no machining is required to the carters it is a bolt-on fit for the BWS100 horizontal engine.

New Question

Tiba & Big B,

What happend if we add a 5 m.m shim instead the base gasket and grind the top of the cylinder by 5 m.m.????, do this would give us a more "agressive" port duration?, which is the efect of doing this?

If we get a mayor port duration, with out porting the cylinder, could this work o.k.???

Thanks,

if you do that & mill the top of the cilinder 5mm your port timings will go through the roof, with the stroker crank your transfer port timings are ideal & the exhaust port timing will still be very mild which leaves a a lot of room for improvement.

when you install the stroker crank with the polini kit you only need to set the gasket thick enough to level the edge of the piston crown with the deck of the cilinder to get to the port timing i posted earlier.

you can increase timing but it doesn't increase the area & for that big of an engine you need as much area you can get within the boundaries of the port timing you are shooting for.

if you do that & mill the top of the cilinder 5mm your port timings will go through the roof, with the stroker crank your transfer port timings are ideal & the exhaust port timing will still be very mild which leaves a a lot of room for improvement.

when you install the stroker crank with the polini kit you only need to set the gasket thick enough to level the edge of the piston crown with the deck of the cilinder to get to the port timing i posted earlier.

you can increase timing but it doesn't increase the area & for that big of an engine you need as much area you can get within the boundaries of the port timing you are shooting for.

Thanks Tiba, now it's clear like water...

Regards,

Last edited:
Are the ring locating pins on the piston on the intake side?
The malossi Iron kit has them on the exhaust side. Hence, I can't widen the exhaust port.
Thanks for the port numbers guys.

Back