Peter's drag jog

Peter_Jog

First some things of me: I'm 22 years old, from Hungary, I ride bikes 9 years, now I have 5 bikes. Kawasaki zx6r ninja '05, drag jog, 3 of MZ TS125.

My drag jog is a really old version, with really cheap tuning, becouse it's really hard to get "TCR, 2 fast" parts here, nobody have those. My best time in 201m 10,121 sec, unfortunately I'm 83kgs.
My jog have a noname cylinder, with handmade exhaust, honda electric, and handmade rotor. Suzuki clucth, with runner 180 small springs, it open at 10,500. Polini SPC variator, and overrange belt. Maximum rpm is 14.800. compression is 16. I use airplane fuel, with a special oil.

If somebody have used, or cheap 2fast or cristofolini parts, I will buy thoes!

Some pictures of my bike:
2007%5C08%5C23%5Cbikepics-1001572-full.jpg

2007%5C08%5C23%5Cbikepics-1001583-full.jpg

2007%5C08%5C23%5Cbikepics-1001584-full.jpg

2007%5C09%5C21%5Cbikepics-1031158-full.jpg

The all bike was not more than 500 euros about. We do everything with this.

Advertisement - register to remove this

i commend you for your effort in tuning a very old Yamaha Jog scooter but you must go forward now & drop the vertical engine for a horizontal jog engine, tuning parts for the vertical engine are scarce & don't have anymore updates.

go with the flow man.

i commend you for your effort in tuning a very old Yamaha Jog scooter but you must go forward now & drop the vertical engine for a horizontal jog engine, tuning parts for the vertical engine are scarce & don't have anymore updates.

go with the flow man.

that's true. I must sell all the bike, and make a new. Next year I will order a full set of cristofolini, if I get enough money, else I have an LC MHR cylinder, which is new, and I will fit it with a long stroke crankshaft, of course we will modify the port map. The crankshaft will 4-5 mm longer than the factory. Than it will be 75-77ccm. Sorry for my english mistakes 8P

I'm impressed! For the money you've put into it, I think you have a really neat setup. I've got a scooter with a vertical mina engine too. I haven't done anything to it yet. :)

Very good work sir. Did you make the pipe yourself? Does the electric fan work pretty good for your purposes? What kind of ignition do you use? Looks like a weed eater ignition. Do you have any photos of the building process?

Keep us posted. I like it!

~Josh

great low budget drag bike,can yuo tell more about drag racing in Hungary,how much races in sezone and where....what city?

I'm impressed! For the money you've put into it, I think you have a really neat setup. I've got a scooter with a vertical mina engine too. I haven't done anything to it yet. :)

Very good work sir. Did you make the pipe yourself? Does the electric fan work pretty good for your purposes? What kind of ignition do you use? Looks like a weed eater ignition. Do you have any photos of the building process?

Keep us posted. I like it!

~Josh

Yes the pipe is handmade, we have plans of stage6 racing. The electric fan is just enough for 201meters. It can cool about 10 celsius. Yes, the ignition rotor is from a weed eater (USA), but that is not a metter, I can make a rotor from a piece of simple aluminium. the indication contribution is a simple honda. I have honda AF 35 ignition electric, becouse it need the power from the accumulator. It is the same than the selettra rotor, it have the same electric diagram, you know what I mean. Unfortunately I don't have so much pictures, but everything is in my page:

www.bikepics.com/members/potyi

I have some more projects, but those are top secret :)

great low budget drag bike,can yuo tell more about drag racing in Hungary,how much races in sezone and where....what city?

We have many races here, many tracks, but I use only the Hungaroring, becouse here is 201m.

Other tracks are 402m: Rába Ring(Écs city) : www.gyorsulas.com
Tököl, Kunmadaras, Kiskunlacháza.

You can get many information from the internet. We also have some international races.

Dragracing in Hungary is not a new thing, however the scooter dragracing is not the most popular.

Seperate scooter dragracing events, like in Dutch or in Germany are not exist but a full season for all of the vehicles. For cars, motorcycles and also there is a category for scooters at the same time.
There are many places with their own rules, usually 1/4 miles, but as Peter said there are also places where the 1/8 mile is the common!

Instead of the dragracing the circuit racing is more popular, at the summer racers use most of the kart tracks and motorcycle tracks. At the winter the ice racing is common, but there are also circuit racings in the roofed tracks.

Little OFF topics sorry Peter!

As you can see at trteam's page there are 2fast drag bike also:
http://www.trteam.it/SEZIONE%20DRAGSTER/PHOTOGALLERY%20DRAGSTER%20UNGHERIA.htm

If I know well it's best time is 7,7 sec at 1/8 mile (this is not the official, because that little girl is not able to handle the bike with that setup, so her father reaches this time). usually the bike is slower!

There was a very old topic with this bike (this bike was red at the past):
http://kepfeltoltes.hu/070930/K_p_388_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg
http://kepfeltoltes.hu/070930/K_p_389_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg
This bike uses quite old technique (EVO 1 exhaust etc) it's time is 8,8 sec at 1/8.

In Hungary these times are good, comparing these datas to the international results we haven't got the chance. This is because people don't want to spend too much money for scooter racing, they buy bigger bikes instead of tune the small ones!

There are many high-end scooters, but not for race only for fun! Most of them are on the streets!

Last edited:
Nice.. i like what you build whit small resurses:love: ...btw were in hungary do you live? i have an Summerhouse in Szantod at the lake of ballaton

Yesterday I got a call, I'm the winner in 2007 of the hungarian championship in hungaroring race track, 201m. This is a wonderful dream for me! I know, Other country this is nothing.. But for me it's great!

Some photos, I got an autogramm from Gabor Talmacsi, Moto GP 125 2007 Winner:

2007%5C11%5C28%5Cbikepics-1100725-800.jpg

2007%5C11%5C28%5Cbikepics-1100728-800.jpg

I'm the winner of 2007 in hungaroring:

2007%5C11%5C28%5Cbikepics-1100727-800.jpg

Last edited:
Back