New English Section(s) poll

Should we go for more sections under the English forums?

• Yeah! Would definatly benifit for new and existing users...

Votes: 40 90.9%
  • No, keep the English section forums the way they are!

Votes: 4 9.1%

• Total voters

butch-182

Killerteam Racing
Ok guys, The english sections (English scootertuning and english projects) of these forums has been over loaded with different posts and comments, some optic, tuning, troubleshooting as you all know.. Obviously prooving that the english section is a great success to us whom speak the english language. Now I am opting for a new or some new sections under the english section of the scooterforum forums!

It would be of great interest to see who would be in on this, and peoples views on what sections (IF are allowed to commence) should be made under here...

Just a fun post, post any thoughts, ideas and or comments about your suggestions... Guides? Troubleshooting? Engine sections? Heavy tuning?

I'm sure most of you would like to see an extra section or two under here, it not only keeps the forums looking tidy, but also makes things easier to post and search for old threads....

Over -n- Out...

Butch

Advertisement - register to remove this

Guess that all depends on what freezer (our lovely admin) thinks about it. Imo, there shouln'd be more sections in the english forum, because this is a dutch forum.... And there aren't that many foreign users too.

DME3 said:
Guess that all depends on what freezer (our lovely admin) thinks about it. Imo, there shouln'd be more sections in the english forum, because this is a dutch forum.... And there aren't that many foreign users too.
I was to ask him, but i thought id rather make a poll, if its good show him we are willing, and if not, then leave it!

I know its a dutch forum, but honestly, many people speak and search help in the english format / language.. I think its a bit harsh if we said " Oh its an english forum, lets not make new dutch sections"

This is a means of providing efficient information, and helps people out with less time and ease of finding the info they are looking for..

Not only that, but the forum could really become a big hit for english people, encouraging english speaking and reading folk to come here for theire info and tips.. This would also give the forum a great name...

Just my thoughts!

I voted for more sub-forums.
-I did that because I think that its a bit confusing when more than half the question is about tuning, and the rest is optical and suspension/brakes.

I think that the optimal solution is 3 sub-forums besides the projekt one:
Tuning/Engine.
Optical.
Suspension/Brakes and frame-stuff.
Maybe one more called Others?

Then you will have an well-arranged English section, In My Opinion.

/Swobber

I like the idea, and i am pleased that the english part is growing. But i am open to suggestions to make more subforums, but i don't want to have to many subforums if they remain empty or don't get many posts. I can provide a english general chat and maybe a scooters in general or specific tuning? But shoot with some suggestions, so we can improve this forumpart to the needs of the foreign users.

Freezer said:
I like the idea, and i am pleased that the english part is growing. But i am open to suggestions to make more subforums, but i don't want to have to many subforums if they remain empty or don't get many posts. I can provide a english general chat and maybe a scooters in general or specific tuning? But shoot with some suggestions, so we can improve this forumpart to the needs of the foreign users.

Im glad that you, the main man has agreed with this idea.. Just comments through people " Oh where do I find "x" and how do i do "y"? " In this part of the forums, I totally understand that you dont want many forums with empty areas, as this would make the english section empty. By adding just a couple more i think that we as a forum nation can extend our information and have capability to find existing posts and answers to our questions a whole lot easier. Not only the easy searching and finding, as i mentioned before, this COULD theoretically make scooterforums a much larger nation, more interest from english taking folk, more people potentially getting into scooter tuning.. seeing more faces at meets, and also attracting english tuners also.

At the current moment i use this forum because of the friendly people, the quick replys and professional people whom are on here. I think with the new english sections this will grow even larger, keeping stuff tidy and no more lost, broken, deleted or "hm where do i put this" threads.

I certainly think there should be an:

*Engine tuning/ Technical forum
*Suspension, Brakes, Tyres,
*Optic forum

We could start with this basis, and im a strong believer that with these new sections, the people who allready have an account, with word of speech this would and could become alot larger (community wise)

If this all went well Freezer, im glad to hear that you would be willing to make these new sections, This is obviously great news....

Lets hear other peoples views and comments about what section(s) should be made!

I think it's fine like it is. Breaking things up is not always better. I don't think there is a high enough number of posts to make it work right. I think when the time comes when questions are not fully answered by the time they are pushed off the front page, then second forums may be needed. But I don't think that happens all that often. If scrolling down the single page is too much, I don't think new sections would be better. I could see a separate sticky section for the different motors but the bodywork techniques, brakes and tires are mostly common to all scooters. I know I learn a lot when reading about different motors and different scooters than I have or we can even get in this country. Breaking it up would make it much more difficult to learn new things.

brookespeed said:
I think it's fine like it is. Breaking things up is not always better. I don't think there is a high enough number of posts to make it work right. I think when the time comes when questions are not fully answered by the time they are pushed off the front page, then second forums may be needed. But I don't think that happens all that often. If scrolling down the single page is too much, I don't think new sections would be better. I could see a separate sticky section for the different motors but the bodywork techniques, brakes and tires are mostly common to all scooters. I know I learn a lot when reading about different motors and different scooters than I have or we can even get in this country. Breaking it up would make it much more difficult to learn new things.

Im sorry do disagree with you but i think you are actually incorrect and just making this entirely up....

If we didnt have that many people in the english forum section, do you think there would be so many posts per day, week, month etc? I think that you are being a bit niggly about this, if ANYTHING it would most definatly benifit, how you thinkthat it would make it more DIFFICULT for new and existing users i dont know, but please explain to me how you feel that this is a bad choice and the reason for it...

I MAY be incorrect and this may be a wasted post and poll, but i do see many new people here all teh time and things are getting hard to pull out, i mean who wants to log in post, ask, search, ask blah etc, its just going to annoy people.. I think Freezer wants this forum to have a good name, which is obviously has, but even more so with these new forums it will not only make the english section tidy, formal and professional looking, but it will also help people to find things with more ease and less hassle...

So please, if you dont want this part tell us, but why post a comment such as, " Breaking it up would make it much more difficult to learn new things " - I really dont see how this would make it more difficult?

i agree totally with butch-182, his idea is great because like this, the forum will be more international, more people will visit it. until now this is the forum that i like the most... its nice and well organized and the people here r gr8. thanks to this forum i got to know many things about tuning and i got to know very cool ppl.!!!

butch-182 said:
Im sorry do disagree with you but i think you are actually incorrect and just making this entirely up....

So please, if you dont want this part tell us, but why post a comment such as, " Breaking it up would make it much more difficult to learn new things " - I really dont see how this would make it more difficult?

If you didn't want other people's opinions why did you make a poll? Going in and out of multiple forums to read posts on different subjects would be more of a deterent to reading everything and questions that apply to more than one area wouldn't get as much attention. Many topics may have more than just one solitary application. The people who want answers would be willing to log in, ask questions and search. If they are too lazy to do that they shouldn't pick up a wrench.

I like the forum. It's full of great information from people that have a lot of good experience. But I just think it's a bit early to start 5 new subforums to divide up a discussion that does not seem to necessitate it YET. New people will always be comeing in asking the same questions over and over. It happens on every scooter list or message board, with subsections or not. I hope that the volume increases to the point where it is required and I applaud your efforts to make it better for the future. I just don't think that time is now. And, please, if you don't want opinions, don't ask questions and then be a prick when people disagree.

I think the admin of the board would know best as he's seen the board grow and probably has a good idea when discussions need to be divided up. I was just giving my opinion on the matter, as the poll suggested it was asked for.

@brookespeed: You are correct i don't want to have to much forumparts wich are not visited often enough and i understand your concerns.

To all: We will take this up wich the admin team and look what we think is the best solution is for the english part of the site and their visitors. Meanwhile, feel free to suggest also other things for improvement.

i think there should be at least a for sale section in the english forums. most of the parts that are for sale are not in english and i cannot understand what they are selling, what shape the parts are in or even how to contact the person selling them.

brookespeed said:
If you didn't want other people's opinions why did you make a poll? Going in and out of multiple forums to read posts on different subjects would be more of a deterent to reading everything and questions that apply to more than one area wouldn't get as much attention. Many topics may have more than just one solitary application. The people who want answers would be willing to log in, ask questions and search. If they are too lazy to do that they shouldn't pick up a wrench.

I like the forum. It's full of great information from people that have a lot of good experience. But I just think it's a bit early to start 5 new subforums to divide up a discussion that does not seem to necessitate it YET. New people will always be comeing in asking the same questions over and over. It happens on every scooter list or message board, with subsections or not. I hope that the volume increases to the point where it is required and I applaud your efforts to make it better for the future. I just don't think that time is now. And, please, if you don't want opinions, don't ask questions and then be a prick when people disagree.

I think the admin of the board would know best as he's seen the board grow and probably has a good idea when discussions need to be divided up. I was just giving my opinion on the matter, as the poll suggested it was asked for.

Thank you Brookespeed for explaining your reasons more detailed. I totally understand what you mean, but at LEAST start with one more forum area, we as a community are not asking for 5 new boards, because as yourself and Freezer have allready mentioned, this would not look so good with empty forums!

I think we should start with one or two, and see how it goes, it obviously isnt going to fill up immediatly, so lets see how it goes over a peirod of time !

Thanks !

Reguards

i think 5 parts is a bit too much
i think perhaps maybe 3 sections would be nice
one for Problems and help
one for discussions
and one for Parts to sell

Eoin70 said:
i think 5 parts is a bit too much
i think perhaps maybe 3 sections would be nice
one for Problems and help
one for discussions
and one for Parts to sell

why cant we use the same sellingplace as the other? easier to sell/buy things for us.

I vote so for! :D and if theres somehting Im missing is the tuning/optic (like how to build a backtop etc.) guides etc. would be pleased for a cylinder tuning guide etc. And one section for problems and help and one for others :)

// Xaniz

Back