Hi! I'm new and speak mainly English & barely Dutch.

PasoDoble

I'm new to the scooter scene and will soon have my scooter delivered by a local Dealer.

I was looking around for a Forum with the hope of gaining more information that I can source and seek whatever help offered both by members and hopefully with documented manuals that might be stored or archived in here for access if I need assistance.

I am not sure whether this is truly an all brand scooter forum or just specific to certain makes. If I have made a mistake, please let me know and if I am not welcomed, because of my choice of the scooter, please let me know too and if I am not welcome for the reasons you base on personal grounds, please LET ME KNOW first and I shall leave sooner than your next breath as a foreigner looking to join a Dutch Forum for getting to know the country, the members, the friendly atmosphere (I hope to discover) and the pleasure of interacting my own discovery with my new scooter with all of you and likewise, from everyone that interacts on this forum.

Just a short information about myself.

I ordered a scooter because of the madness living in a city and every time after office hours, its like a race with every neighbor in finding a car park space and it gets worse if I have to go out at night, to eat and/or visit a friend in another town socializing and come back and having to park almost 2 streets away and sometimes, 8 streets away. The scooter is the sensible option to solve my dilemma living in the city.

I met another English friend who has three cars and he decided the scooter is the answer, I can't agree more with him.... but three cars??!!! That is his fault I have to admit....hahaaa :)

I live in The Hague and would be happy to know and meet someday, other English speaking scooter riders who are friendly by nature and not of an egoistic sort I wish to make clear on this. I know there are plenty out there with this problem and I don't need to put up with them from the very start, life is too short to whine and argue and having good things turn sour eventually.

I'm married and my wife is beginning to enjoy the scooter ride and we are NOT the smoking (we stopped together simultaneously some years ago) couple but drinking is VERY much on a modest controlled level I dare say.
Drinking & driving or riding, is not an option I support whole heartedly. So now you know for sure, I prefer riding sober instead.

I look forward to make new scooter friends, Dutch and non Dutch, are all welcome and so long as we can avoid the "I know better and MORE than you" attitude, I'm game to like-minded scooter enthusiasts bent on teaming up into an English speaking scooter community that speaks a little or more Dutch, those who speak better and more Dutch is certainly welcome too so we can learn Dutch as we get along, don't you agree?

Cheersch then as is said in Holland or is it Proost...? 8)

Paso.

Last edited:
Advertisement - register to remove this

Let me summarize that for others:

Hi I live in Den Haag, Holland and am looking for some friends who are also interested in scooters. Easy-going kind of people without drama. Also interested to learn more and more about scooters and related things.

Last edited:
Hi Lodewijk, that is a nice coincidence that you are in the Hague. Is there a group formed in the city comprising of scooter owners that are active on social related activities involving the scooter in particular? Do you own one from a popular brand or model?

I'm keen on knowing where is a site or shop that may be a good source for spare parts in dressing up my scooter.

How long have you been riding a scooter and is it as a hobby or for work or for reasons like I am facing, to overcome the parking situation in the city?

I think I misunderstood your post, Lodewijk. Thanks for the translation on my behalf.

Are you a Moderator incidentally? Thanks again.

Last edited:
Yes...hahaaa but it was my first post and I thought it was better to introduce enough so no one needs to speculate or assume otherwise, esp in forums I was told. Thank you for your response.

:) Last Saturday was sunny to go pick up my "PasoDoble" scoot-chick!!! It was actually ready for collection on a Thursday but the weather was somewhat low cast and giving showery spells and after hearing the weather report that today would be quite a change, sunny thus, I decided to take the tram. Its been almost 3,5 decades since I last traveled in any city trams and what an experience that was too... awesome ride it was for me.

Back