New Brakes....

MMMM..that iron piece is an ABS system, stock from factory.

I don't have the right bolt to connect just the hose to the caliper and anyways the hose do not accept a bigger banjo bolt...so if I want to connect the hose right to the caliper I need to use another hose too.

I haven't test the brakes yet because my engine is not ready.

Mexicano said:
I decided to use only the caliper and keep my Metrakit disc, looks better, I will install the disc in my son's Zip R3i:

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d101/MomoMexicano/DSC03604.jpg

Mexicano!

If the TNT kit has 240 mm disc and the caliper adaptor is good for that disc, and you use only a 220 mm Metrakit disc don't you think the MRD adapter is too much for that caliper ?? In the picture it seems to be the pads work only a very narrow surface! Or did you try it without the MRD adapter??

Browni:

Yes, I try before without the MRD...the caliper hits the disc..maybe I will modify a little bit the "black" steel plate at the caliper...later...when my engine is finished.

This is my new brakedisc.
I dont know how it brakes, i'll expere that on the first race nex weekend.
This disc is also not yet availeble on the street, but i guess that it will be for not too long.

galfer2006-1.jpg

galfer2006-2.jpg

So you need to use 2 adaptors to make it fit correctly (thats the way it appears in the photo)? If you didnt have a MRD adaptor already, would you be out of luck?

I want to go to a big brake but gettin an Aerox front wheel to the US is quite a challenge with shipping costs.

Mexicano said:
Browni:

Yes, I try before without the MRD...the caliper hits the disc..maybe I will modify a little bit the "black" steel plate at the caliper...later...when my engine is finished.

str8dum said:
So you need to use 2 adaptors to make it fit correctly (thats the way it appears in the photo)? If you didnt have a MRD adaptor already, would you be out of luck?

I want to go to a big brake but gettin an Aerox front wheel to the US is quite a challenge with shipping costs.

Yes I need two adapters, the black one comes with the caliper (as well as the stock caliper) the MRD adapter comes with the Metrakit disc.

Is your bike 12" wheels or 10"?

They are 10", but you need a 13" for a 280mm S6 rotor. or I guess at least 12" for a 240mm rotor. So i wonder what fork TNT used as the model for the adaptor if it isnt long enough for your bike. I guess the Sliders already had some offset on their OEM forks.

Mexicano said:
Yes I need two adapters, the black one comes with the caliper (as well as the stock caliper) the MRD adapter comes with the Metrakit disc.

Is your bike 12" wheels or 10"?

Back