my setup + forth coming mods

muhuha

Currently running a road setup, havnt got the time, money or places to race over here in britain. Been modifying my engine and gaining more power all the time.
Current setup:
laser x-pro
stage6 50cc
polini 9 roller
polini kelvar belt
clutch
17.5mm carb

I've had a average top end of 60mph (clock speed) out of this setup but when i did a slight modification i got 67mph but this wasnt practicle for city use. Anywho if im going to keep running these speeds ive been told to change my crank, do standard cranks actually snap i hear alot about it but never seen one. Mines hit 20050km now on a 7year old bike which is quite a few. Only after a cheap one is a motoforce 10mm crank good enough? Will be buying s6 big end bearings (metal cased) and new small end bearing. If i do replace it i will be opening up my reed inlet and matching the ports.

How much power will i be gaining out of doing this and what do you think its on at the moment, it absolutly pisses all over any other 50cc around which has just a pipe eg: aerox+tt pipe

Advertisement - register to remove this

i've got 110kmh with these mods;

Polini Corsa kit (tuned & bored to 47,6mm)
Polini Corsa crank
Polini 0,25 CF reeds
Leo Vince TT pipe
MHR 2005 vario (19 x 15,5 rollers)
Malossi Kevlar belt
Malossi torque driver
Malossi yellow vario spring
Malossi green clutchsprings
16mm carb
Polini 15/42 secondary gears

with the MHR 2005 vario this thing revs like crazy even with 5g rollers, i was impressed with how the engine stays in the powerband with this vario, i'm going to try changing the settings of the torque driver from 38 to 36 degrees for quicker acceleration.

the setup was so good the pipe broke off from the exhaust flange, it feels like i'm riding a full race spec engine, the vario woke up my setup it's almost unreal.

acceleration must be mental!!! dno how im getting 107kph but ive got 2-3g rollers (dark blue-9 roller) but it half shifts. Acceleration is good but not wheel lifting. If its quiet later ill get a video down my local main road of the clock...

bearing in mind mines clock speed so what 60mph real?

Also do open air filter do anything part from make noise? Got a polini one with a removeable plastic rain cover size of a fist. Any good? anything quieter?

Last edited:
we'd be lucky if we can get our scooters to wheelie, the dragster & aerox are just too heavy.

i still run a stock airfilter box from a Yamaha Jog90cc engine & the 16mm Mikuni carb came from a Yamaha BWS100 scooter, it runs with a 75 mainjet, tried a 70 but it got worse at the top end it barely did 90kmh.

i ran out of rollers heavier than 5g so i want to change the torque driver setting to compensate for it, i will take some pics of the transmission & show you the MHR 2005 vario, i was not having great results with it on our 2Fast dragscooter so i figured i want to familiarize myself with it on my aerox, i don't want to put too much wear & tear our our primary race scooter.

your mean to upjet by 10% when you add a open air filter i beleive. I want to put mine on the its noisy + ill have to upjet which is a pain in both senses. Just my stock air box looks utter rubbish and ruins the bikes looks.

Did test my variator last night but i kept getting power, no power, power just found out my spark plug was loose GRR. But top end was 5kph still, downhill yet to test.

Back