SR50 Carb Setup Info Required

Fritzie2uk

Hi to you all, this is the first time I have posted to any forum so if I get it wrong please excuse me.

I have bought a 2000 Aprilia SR50 for my daughter but it will not start correctly from cold.
When you try to start it it fire and dies constantly until it has been doing this for around 2 minutes then it fire and runs ok. I have replaced the plug after checking the gap was correct at 0.6mm, the same result.
I tracked down a circuit diagram for the bike and it looked to me to be a problem with the automatic choke, I have removed and tested the choke and it work ok.
I ran the choke on a separate battery to ensure it was fully open and the bike started straight away, so the problem seems to be with the mixture setup but I cannot find any info on setting up the mixture.
I am looking for some info as a starting point, should I screw the mixture screw in and the back it out by a number of turns. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Kevin.

Advertisement - register to remove this

Hi to you all, this is the first time I have posted to any forum so if I get it wrong please excuse me.

I have bought a 2000 Aprilia SR50 for my daughter but it will not start correctly from cold.
When you try to start it it fire and dies constantly until it has been doing this for around 2 minutes then it fire and runs ok. I have replaced the plug after checking the gap was correct at 0.6mm, the same result.
I tracked down a circuit diagram for the bike and it looked to me to be a problem with the automatic choke, I have removed and tested the choke and it work ok.
I ran the choke on a separate battery to ensure it was fully open and the bike started straight away, so the problem seems to be with the mixture setup but I cannot find any info on setting up the mixture.
I am looking for some info as a starting point, should I screw the mixture screw in and the back it out by a number of turns. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Kevin.

Screwing mixture screw tight will make it leaner and richer outwards.

Back