Multivar 2000 - Worse Topspeed???

Nor-Tuner

Hi

Recently bought a Multivar 2000 (Malossi) and use it with a Gianelli Reverse exhaust. I also put a Malossi Special belt on the bike.

Before the topspeed was 85-90 on the meter. But now i just get 75-80 ?? Propably around 65-70 real km/h and 75 before in real.

The bike is a Aprilia SR50R 08. Piaggio engine

Setup

Malossi Multivar 2000 (7.2g rolls)
Malossi White Contra spring
Malossi Special belt
Malossi Red sponge
Malossi Delta clutch white springs (all streched out)
Gianelli Reverse exhaust

the acceleration is also worse than it was before.

Before i used a very VERy _VERY_ used Multivar 1997 (Malossi) variator and a stock belt. Thats all ive done With the old variator i used 8g rolls,so the new ones should not bo to heavy??

Is the new 200 variator WORSE than the old very worn variator with 97 specs,and even heavier rolls??

Advertisement - register to remove this

You didn't by chance use the plastic sleeve on the drive boss did you? New ones come with that, but will restrict your speed. You could try going with lighter roller weights, or even just temporarily using the ones you had before. I have no experience yet with the Purejet engines, and I have certainly never done any tuning work on one... hopefully that'll change sooner than later!

Cheers!

~Josh

Did not use the plastic "thingy". I got 4,5g rollers with the gianelli exhaust. I Guess these are for the original variator,allthough its the same size (19x15,5) I think 4,5 will be overkill light with the multivar 2000,would anyone agree?

It gets good revs i guess. Not sure if its exactly the same as with the old variator and rollers,but its surely revs up pretty good. The old malossi variator used smaller rollers than the stock piaggio one and the new malossi 2000 variator,so i cant try the 8g.

You need 6.1g rollers and Malossi violet (or Piaggio original) contra spring.
On Piaggio 50, malossi violet and original contra springs are almost the same. Strange, but true. I mesured them and come to this conclusion.

Back