best-worse 50cc bore kits

muhuha

Seeing as i just siezed my 50cc bore kits up im looking to buy another. I was using a 50cc stage6 on the road but powerwise didnt really see much over the standard. What other kits have more power. Here are a few im looking at.

stage 6 aluminium 50cc
italkit aluminium 50cc
airsal 50cc racing -can run x-pro pipe (till i get cash to buy a better one)
malossi sport 50cc- can run x-pro.....

Which one will give a nice boost in performance, i dont want a 70cc kit... the malossi kit give 2-3bhp difference is this the most powerful out of the four?
Thanks

Advertisement - register to remove this

i don't see the reason why you don't want a 70cc kit, the only way to make more power with a 50cc kit is to tune it for more revs which is not good for the street.

if you're really hell bent on a 50cc kit try an MHR 50 LC kit.

nah i just like the idea of having a fast 50's. Need a few more tips on 50cc kits. I did have a stage 6 kits which was 'competition used only' but in all the shops ive looked at they dont class it as high end racing parts which i dont understand and how much bhp are they meant to be putting out? Anywhere near as good as the polini evo?

If you're short on cash, why not get a good used
stock cylinder (fresh off an ugrade), and port it?

I spent a lot of time doing that, and can say you
can't beat the performance-value! About $30 will get
you over 50mph, since you already have a pipe.

Well i think im doing over 50mph on my stock cylinder to begin with, clock says 60mph, i say 55mph.... The stock cylinder weighs too much, takes ages to run in and besides i probally couldnt port to same my life and getting it done would cost loads.

If you have advice to porting ill have a go on my stock cylinder :D

Well i think im doing over 50mph on my stock cylinder to begin with, clock says 60mph, i say 55mph.... The stock cylinder weighs too much, takes ages to run in and besides i probally couldnt port to same my life and getting it done would cost loads.

If you have advice to porting ill have a go on my stock cylinder :D

I couldn't give you any better advice than you could get
here from others (much better).

Depending on the tune of your stock cylinder.. which sounds
pretty good already, you have to do more/less work (obvious ;))
I think I wasted a bunch of time messing with mine, raising exhaust
and transfer ports...widening as much as possible, when actually
it turns out a lot less work than I thought is actually needed.

Supposedly you can leave the transfers alone, and just work on
the exhaust port. I'm talking about only stock cylinders now..
There's very little you can do wrong by raising the exhaust port
a little bit at a time. Easily done from the exhaust flange with
a dremmel.

I have a copy of AG Bell's book in PDF, that I could probably
email you. Just read the section on porting... do exhaust port only.
Great way to get your feet wet. You'll see other details in there
about how to finish off the edges of the port, so rings don't snag..
simple things you can do.

Brill lol, the cylinder is completly stock but setup clutch, vario, laser x-pro and 17.5mm carb. All mates are suprised how fast is it for a 50cc hence i still want 50cc but quicker. If you could email my that book SPAZ_280@hotmail.com is my email. You know the tranfers? where the fuels enters the cylinder if they were made into a sharp edge and smooth does that help?

Well, obviously I hesitate giving porting advice in this
company... but I have read that sharpening the transfer
devider edges is not a good thing. I did it to my cylinder
before finding this information. Supposedly, rounded like
the leading edge of a wing is better.

Will post the link if I can find it.

Well, obviously I hesitate giving porting advice in this
company... but I have read that sharpening the transfer
devider edges is not a good thing. I did it to my cylinder
before finding this information. Supposedly, rounded like
the leading edge of a wing is better.

Will post the link if I can find it.

hehehe don't bother or you'll risk exposing one of our secrets.

read a tech article about that long ago when i was into import car tuning, a certain bloke named Keith Wilson showed me that a rounded leading edge is always better than a sharpened leading edge when it comes to airflow.

yes but they are round to begin so 'techinally' im not going to be doing any porting, im going to buy a polini evo any out fancy telling me what pipe will run good whilst road legal (restrictors will be removed)

Got the email cheers

Last edited:
the Evo is a lot quieter than most race pipes i have come across, as long as you repack the silencers nicely it isn't as noisy as you'd expect a race pipe would be.

nah not running the risk lol, what pipe will perform good besides the evo, giannelli shot or yasuni c16? or others...

on a evo 50cc

I know you want to stay 50cc, but if you want power/torque and stay unnoticed by the police, you really need to go for a malossi 70 with Sito plus exhaust.

The sito plus looks like a standard exhaust, but without restrictors. With the malossi 70 and your 17,5 carb, its fast enough for the streets ;)

But then again, its not 50cc

I know you want to stay 50cc, but if you want power/torque and stay unnoticed by the police, you really need to go for a malossi 70 with Sito plus exhaust.

The sito plus looks like a standard exhaust, but without restrictors. With the malossi 70 and your 17,5 carb, its fast enough for the streets ;)

But then again, its not 50cc

That sounds like a great idea. If the police don't check the engine,
get the biggest one you can, and a stock looking exhaust! You
should end up with just as much power (?), more reliability, and
less liability.
;

yes but if i crash then they will check the bore and might no pay out. Anywho i will get a corsa in due time but for the time being! a 50cc kit, airsal 50cc racing or malossi sport 50cc. Will be buying from scooter-attack.

http://www.scooter-attack.com/index2.php?main=/shop/artikelliste.php%3Fs%3D%26tgruppe%3Da%26perpage%3D30%26modell%3D61%26l%3Dnavigation%26pagenumber%3D2

http://www.scooter-attack.com/index...erpage=30&modell=61&l=navigation&pagenumber=2

Tempted to got for the airsal and reading the newer ones quality is better.

just wana know before i buy it am i going to see a noticeable power gain? If so in what respect? speed tourque?

Last edited:
Back