This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Mhr - Team - Speed - Cross ???

Team is a high RPM cilinder made 4 a 80mm crankshaft
Speed is a very high RPM cilinder specialy made 4 the MHR Team '99 crankshaft [85mm]
Cross is a cilinder made for much "koppel"

Port timings of the Speed & Cross are more preformed than a Team, more racing/top level.

Also @ Piaggio engine the Speed & Cross need a 85 rod and the Team just the 80mm.
At an Minarelli engine only the Cross needs a 85mm connection rod.

The S&C have a thiker cilinder hemd that not fits in the original carter.

VVolf, just purchase the mhr team crankshaft 85mm rod, then you will be able to put the mhr speed or mhr cross on the engine.
It's your choice

hmm, i've heard that there is a doppler crankshaft, which is compatibel with the team.
Do you know something about this crankshaft, or where i can buy it

Originally posted by [R]unner [R]eloaded
Team is a high RPM cilinder made 4 a 80mm crankshaft
Speed is a very high RPM cilinder specialy made 4 the MHR Team '99 crankshaft [85mm]
Cross is a cilinder made for much "torque"

There's also a Malossi RHQ 85mm rod crankshaft available when you can't afford a special MHR Team.

MHR Team 2000 krukas very expensive, i had to sell my old RHQ crank & EVO1 uitlaat just to extend my budget so i can afford MHR Team 2000 krukas. it's a real wallet breaking experience but very well worth the purchase.

if you plan on racing the sprints or circuit get the Speed. if you want a streetable race motor get the Cross.

What is it with al the nonsens about the Cross cil.

Max power is given at a RPM of 13,5K up to 14K

En it is deffenitly NOT a cilinder for streetable use.
The timing i measerd was higher than the Speed cil.

ok guys i met a customer who's gonna have tune his Jog scooter for sprint racing & he kocht (hehehe incorporating some Dutch words into my posts) an MHR Cross cilinder kit (Mina) & MHR Team krukas with 85mm Ti rod. i opened the box & i behold the barrel has very same ports as Speed cilinder (Mina) & they even have same # (9183) cast on the side of the barrel.

the differences are in the piston & krukas especially on the conrod & the output shaft where the oil seal's "lips" touch the shaft. since the effect of the longer rods reduce port timing (the reason why MHR Cross port timing is milder than Speed with shorter 80mm rod) the rpm/peak power output is moved lower down the powerband making it suited for road usage.

with the MHR Team krukas (85mm rod) you must use an oil seal of 42mm od x 17mm id x 8mm th whereas the MHR team krukas (80mm rod) uses a 42mm od x 20mm id x 8mm th.

again we are talking about Minarelli here & not Piaggio.

Did you make a portmap from the cilinder?
Where the ports really the same as a "normal" speed?
That it has the same # on the outside was already known They appear to use the same outer-mold for it...

You do not proparly understand the effect of the longer rod on the timing. If you use the search you can find a nice excel sheet about this thing.