MHR Replica 80cc Street kit OR Metrakit 70cc Cylinder kit?

rh-penguin

EDIT::::::

The MHR Replica 80cc Street kit or the Metrakit 70 cc cylinder kit? Which one would people choose? Is there a great "leap" in performance between both of them? Which one would last longer?
I read that Malossi cylinders are more fragille. Is this true?
The Metrakit 70 cc cylinder kit is quite a bit cheaper compared to theMHR Replica 80cc Street kit, is that just because its 70cc cyl. and 80cc is "bigger and better" or????

Thanks!

Last edited:
Advertisement - register to remove this

1) Bigger is not always better. The porting is where the action is at. If a 70 has better porting than a 100, it is going to smack the 100 around.

2) I have a 70cc MHR Rep kit with 12,000kms on it. Runs 11,500 rpm most of the time. The cyl wall still has its honing marks, so I wouldnt say it is fragile.

I cant speak for the metrakit as I havent had one.

Aloha, if you mean 70 cc MHR Replica or Metrakit SP 70, then the Metrakit has a much more aggressive porting. I never heard of 80cc Malossi for Minarelli engine. (do you mean the Aprilia 80cc kit?)

frank

EDIT::::::

The MHR Replica 80cc Street kit or the Metrakit 70 cc cylinder kit? Which one would people choose? Is there a great "leap" in performance between both of them? Which one would last longer?
I read that Malossi cylinders are more fragille. Is this true?
The Metrakit 70 cc cylinder kit is quite a bit cheaper compared to theMHR Replica 80cc Street kit, is that just because its 70cc cyl. and 80cc is "bigger and better" or????

Thanks!

The MHR Replica 80 cc kit, is very low ported street kit, very usable for everyday street riding, but not a very powerful kit. If you talk about the Metrakit alu kit, it's a very good quality cylinder (In my opinion it's better quality than the Malossi).

so what would you ppl recommed? This is for a Mineralli AM6 Engine(specifically for the Rieju Matrix RS2) .

So a 70cc metrakit would be better then a Malossi 80cc kit? or maybe Malossi 70cc
Can you give me some names plz? Maybe even codes?
When i look at cilinders and there specs, what do i need to look for?
Is having 2 piston rings instead of one make the cilinder perform better?
A Multivar is for?

Thanks!

Last edited:
a multivar is a variator for scooters, u dont need that.
if you want your bike to be fast i would choose between metrakit pro race or mhr team, they are good cylinders, but they need a high maintenance.

a multivar is a variator for scooters, u dont need that.
if you want your bike to be fast i would choose between metrakit pro race or mhr team, they are good cylinders, but they need a high maintenance.
When you say they need a high maintenance what exatlly do you mean by that?
Whats the difference between 2 piston rings and 1?
Also when i look at maossi's catalog it doesnt acctually say the cilinder is 80cc or 70. All it says is something like: ALUM.CYL.KIT Ø47,6 pin Ø 12 H2O MHR TEAM REP. mod.-head
How am i suppose to know which one is the 80cc one? :\

On my bike right now(original setup) there are 2 small 1/4 of an inch tubes traveling from the cilinder head to the carb. It seems to have the cooling solution(blue stuff) so im guessing its cooling the carb. Its really weird......My question is, what are they for and do i need them? Because all Metrakit PRO parts do not have these "outlets" coming from the cilinder head where as the Malossi MHR's do........
??

Last edited:
When you say they need a high maintenance what exatlly do you mean by that?
Whats the difference between 2 piston rings and 1?
Also when i look at maossi's catalog it doesnt acctually say the cilinder is 80cc or 70. All it says is something like: ALUM.CYL.KIT Ø47,6 pin Ø 12 H2O MHR TEAM REP. mod.-head
How am i suppose to know which one is the 80cc one? :\

On my bike right now(original setup) there are 2 small 1/4 of an inch tubes traveling from the cilinder head to the carb. It seems to have the cooling solution(blue stuff) so im guessing its cooling the carb. Its really weird......My question is, what are they for and do i need them? Because all Metrakit PRO parts do not have these "outlets" coming from the cilinder head where as the Malossi MHR's do........
??

If you know the stroke of your engine and the bore (47.6) it's easy to calculate volume. I am not familiar with Minareli AM but if it has stroke similar to a CVT minareli then this is 70cc cylinder kit.

Those pipes are made for heating the carb, just remove them if the head dosn't have connections.

o so you multiply the bore by 2 if its a 2 stroke?.....

Is there some type of "cheat-sheat" for this type of thing? How did you learn this?

that is correct , the MHR replica cilinderkits for AM6 has a 50mm bore , wich comes to about 80cc's , the old mhr replica kit for am6 was 47mm.

these cilinders are ideal for road use with the right setup , but not to high reving exhausts , and with max 19 to 21mm carb to make it run smooth.

this is a very good kit , also nice performance.

MK Pro race is also nice with the right setup , but the rest of the MK series are not really that spectecular.

o so you multiply the bore by 2 if its a 2 stroke?.....

Is there some type of "cheat-sheat" for this type of thing? How did you learn this?

Nope, it's an elementary geometry dude, you are calculating volume swept by the piston which is determined by cylinder bore-> radius and stroke-> "height".

First you have to find out area of the cylinder cross section, it's 1/2 of cylinder radius squared multiplied by pi, then you multiply the result with a cylinder height to get the volume.

Back