MHR 05 Vario vs. Evo 2 for Mina...

Advertisement - register to remove this

EVO 2 hehehe just to get this thread started. It will fit any crank in my opinion. previous MHR team crank, Polini Evo cranks, Mk Pro crank, MHR Rhq etc etc.

Performance has been tested in my racing efforts, and in my opinion the best variator there is now. and besides Evo 2 has been around for more than a year and yet only now has malossi gone in this route (bigger rollers, new tracks).

....Looking at some pics that i have of the two varios they seem identical though and the Evo2 has the advantage to be fitted on any crank....The MHR vario comes with a back plate with teeths for the splined cranks although you can modify it....The Evo2 has both types of backplates and me too if my MHR2000 vario wears down i'll gonna get an Evo2....In the Evo2 set, MikkoR how much is the weight of each set of rollers?....Any idea..?

Evo 2 comes with 2 sets of rollers, one set is 3.2grms and the other is 4grms. Comes with 2 back plates for cranks that have spline and without, 2 bushings again for the different cranks, and 2 spacers at the back.

and you can take off the plastic fan in the ventilar if yo decide to go racing, and fit it back for long rides.

Right now it is the Variator for All Application, ONE VARIO FITS ALL. And it performs really well.

yes yes i like it, it comes with almost everything & you only have to purchase extra rollers for tuning i know piaggio rollers are a bit pricier than the smaller ones but if they last longer then it's worth it.

off topic, MCP is overflowing with loonies (sira-ulo) & it scares me, i think MCP should make them require an IQ test & if they pass a certain level of requirement they let them join & enable them to post. male_artist & 50puno_fanatics are just prime examples of the loonies i'm talking about.

i have 2 of those EVO 2 front pulleys. i like it because it does come with so much parts. has anybody tried out that inner wieght. my friend runs that on his 100cc plus set up and he says it works good to help the bike make some serious torque.

We also use that inner weight in certain race tracks, what we have noticed is that without the weight acceleration is somewhat a little bit wild (front wheel tends to lift) and it doesnt have the midrange with the weight fitted on, if we fit the inner weight acceleration is a little bit slower but midrange is wow.

For tracks with 100m or more straights i would advise fitting the weight, for short tracks and a lot of turns take the weight off for more power on the exits.

By the way we are using lightweight yamaha jogs.

off topic: rydah i have some problems with the gears. sorry cant send it.
off topic again: Yes tiba I agree with you about that.

MikkoR, i noticed there are some washers in the set, are those variator shims?....Well it's a very nice kit, does it run smooth with the Malossi kevlar belt?...I'm using an all Malossi transmission....
OT: With those lunatics at MCP, they are not worthy of talking to...Huh an underbone running 6 secs. at 400m....Tiba you can retire if you can see one of those...

yes those washers are for the evo crank and Mhr team crank, since im using a prorace crank we did use our old washers. I think it would work much better than youe existing variator.

Back