Malossi Belt size

xzburnoutzx

Italjet Dragster
Hi,

I am running an Italjet 125ccm 2t scooter. I have a Malossi 61 9202/1 belt on at the moment which was put in by the previous owner. As I checked Malossi`s homepage there was no such belt as 61 9202/1 but just 61 9202. What is the difference? Another thing, the 61 9202 is said to fit a Gilera Runner 50cc 2t and the new Aprilia Sr50R without Overrange, so this means I can just go to my local Aprilia dealer and buy a new stock Piaggio belt and it should fit? If anyone can tell me the measurement of this Malossi 61 9202/1 it would be great since I work at a car parts shop and I could order a Gates belt if I only knew the measurements. My belt is way too damaged to measure it.

Here is the compatibility table for 61 9202 according to Malossi:
http://www.malossi.com/Catalogo/MarcheModelli.asp?Codice=61 9202&Modello=ALL

Greets xz...

Advertisement - register to remove this

Well, no one here gave me any info, but it is quite logical since the Italjet Formula 125 is a bizarre thing that everyone is happy to drive but gets suicidal ideas when trying to repair it. I fitted it a belt from a Sr50R and everything works excellent. Another brief question - behind the variator(the side of the rollers) there was a cover over the vario which IMO didn´t let the vario open up the whole way. It is basically the same as the ones on older Piaggio engines. Fits with three small bolts into the vario. Well I thought this is basically a restriction, everything runs ok, but I haven´t had the need to go full throttle for more than 5sek. And I would like to know, If I end up opening the throttle to the max will my vario crash or sth.

Greets xz...

Back