Keihin parts in Europe?

Eight_Ball

Hi guys :D

Got two used Keihin PWK 28 carbs for a new project. They are in a good shape but have some worn parts like slides and needle jets, one carb is missing the choke knob and the other one has been fitted with a home made cable choke. Want to replace the floats too.

Checked scooter attack and scooter center with no luck, no slides, and some of the parts they sell that i need are in back order.

Two questions:

Where can i get spare parts for them?
Can these carbs be bored bigger?

Thanks!

Advertisement - register to remove this

Sorry that I use this topics but I have a question that matches to this thread.

I need a new Float for my Keihin PWK 28 mm carburettor. I would like to buy it from scooter-attack.
There are 16 type of different Floats at the shop from SF 1-1 up to SF 1-16 (Attack code: KH-ET-003-SF*). Which one is the original one, and could somebody tell me the numbering (which one is the lightest or the heaviest) Or which one is still good for the carb!

(I DO NOT need the original Keihin part number -> W1310-080-9901)

Thanks!

I think that the Floats scooter attack sells are not the orginal one, but made for the copy's.

Don't know if it makes any difference, just that you know :)

I think that the Floats scooter attack sells are not the orginal one, but made for the copy's.

Don't know if it makes any difference, just that you know :)

With this post you don't help me too much! :)

Do not underrate the role of a small part! The fuel metering system is very complex, any little changes cause big differences in the carburettor.
If the float changes the fuel level also changes.
Not only that little lever arm (that holds the valve) has an effect to the fuel level. If the weight of the float changes, it has a big effect to the fuel entering and sure has an effect to the mixture (because the fuel lever also changes).

If you use heavier float the surface of the liquid (fuel) must rise before the float buoyancy force balances the increased weight making the float rise.

That's why I need exact solution! I don't care if it's not a real Keihin part. Any detail will be useful for me!

Last edited:
Back