Ibea 30mm Slide more power with than Keihin 28mm D-Slide?

Rally Speed

STT Member
have been thinking about replacing my Keihin 28mm D-Slide carburator system with a Ibea 30mm slide cartcarburator system like Valetino has on his Sonic LC!
I'm driven with Malossi MHR Team Speed cylinder kit tuned, Yasuni c21. I have about 20 HP on the wheel rigth now, is it a good idee to replace carburator with the ibea 30mm slide carbruator system, because I need more HP on the wheel!
Where can I buy the Ibea carburators?
Is the Ibea slide carburator only in 30mm or can I get them in a smaller size?

Thanks

Advertisement - register to remove this

The ibea carb is also in 24mm.

With the ibea 30mm it`s possible to make a very short "inlaattraject" because the carb can be put in all possible angles.

I am also going to drive with a 30mm ibea, i`ve ordered a plate wich is 5mm thick, and the ibea carb is to be placed right up that plate.
Within a few days i could make some pics if you want to see them

H.T.V.I said:
The ibea carb is also in 24mm.

With the ibea 30mm it`s possible to make a very short "inlaattraject" because the carb can be put in all possible angles.

I am also going to drive with a 30mm ibea, i`ve ordered a plate wich is 5mm thick, and the ibea carb is to be placed right up that plate.
Within a few days i could make some pics if you want to see them

Sounds nice! Where can I bye The Ibea?
Please make some pictures and some Dyno-tests with it :)

If every goes as if it is planned, I`m going to make this friday a run on a Dyno.

m51121985nt.jpg

This is my ibea, but i`ll make pictures when its @ the engine within a few days

You can buy the ibea @ www.kartshop.nl, but i saw them way cheaper.
I`ll search for a cheaper one, for you

**edit, i cant find them cheaper, i was mixed up with the 24mm version
**edit2, specified url: http://www.kartservice.nl/~krtsrvc_...ub&hoofdcat_id=4&subcat_id=35&catogerie_id=35.

Part No. 340.17 IBEA schuifcarburateur € 325.00

Last edited:
@H.T.V.I:

Please do a blocked run on the Dyno with the only change being the carburettor!
That would be a really interesting comparison:)

Does the Dyno-place have a mixture-measurement-tool?

$aint: I`m going for a dyno run @ jos dijkman, i dont know if it is possible to make a blocked run, i can call tomorrow to ask if it is possible.
I also dont know if they`ve got a mixture measurement tool, ill ask it tomorrow :)
A friend of mine has got a keihin 28 PWK, i can ask him if i can borrow it, so i can compare these 2 carburettors.

Dont forget the impulschannel for the "fuelpump" when you adapt it.
Otherwise the bulid in "puelpump" dont work.

Its got to be placed before the reedblock to get the right funktion.

The experience i got with those Carbs is...that you get the engine to answer faster to the trottle.
But IRL experiece tells me that a Mikuni TM24 is as good as an Cartcarb 24 during acceleration and top speed....driving in the street....maby the Dyno will give you "some difference" but i guess not much.

The biggest issue is .....that there is no "Idle" on the engine with the Cartcarb...you need to "ceep her alive" all time.

On the otherhand...thay are way easy to Jet right ...with there low/high Jet Screws.

Over and out Matrix

Mr Matrix said:
Dont forget the impulschannel for the "fuelpump" when you adapt it.
Otherwise the bulid in "puelpump" dont work.

Its got to be placed before the reedblock to get the right funktion.

I`ve placed it after the reedblock, because the guy @ the kartshop told me so.
Why should you place it before the reedblock ?

[ned]
Hij moet constant in contact staan met je carterdruk, niet alleen wanneer je membraan kleppen openen.

[eng]
It has to be in constant contact with your carterpressure, not only when ur reedvalves open.

Tinne..

Hey!!
I also have two Kartcarbs,one is an HHC T2 24mm butterfly,and the other one is a tuned tillotson 29.4mm,provided from a PCR engine, similar to the ibea carb,i don't know which one i will use,but that's not the point,i'm building a full EVO 70 mina lc engine and i'm wondering if you don't have some pictures to explain me how to do to adapt the impulschanel to place it before the reed block.
And do you use a normal filter or a Kart airbox?
cheers

Last edited:
i do hope your conversion from a standard flat slide carb to an Ibea kart carb will be a big success 'coz if it doesn't you have just spent lots of money giving yourself a headache.

as the other guy said do a comparison with only just a carb change & nothing more, we'll see how much did you gain from an Ibea 30mm carb.

I found a picture of the Cartcarb.
Here you can see where the impulschannel is, and how it works.

Impulschannel.jpg

Here you see it "live" and one of the adaperplates i did for it.
Fugge1.jpg

/matrix

Back