Hebo Manston or Yasuni Carrera 30?

Mexicano said:
Mikkor: Thanks for the advise...I think it is just going to be a matter of trial and error with the pipe issue.

With this type of pipe (C30, Hebo Racing) the proplem is not only the small volume (for 125 cc) but the tail pipe is too small, and it's not very good, the racing 70 cc pipes has a 20 mm inner diameter but the 125 needs min 22-24. However your bike is not as high reving as the 70 cc racing bikes, so your bike will have a very poor performance!! I built 50 cc, 70 cc and 180 cc pipes too, and they are totally different in all dimensions!!

Browni: I know pipes should be different be cause the different engine volumes, but comparing the drawings brookespeed showed me for 50/70c.c. and for 100 c.c. they are the same dimensions all around.

I'm very confused about my pipe performance bacause I don't have a point of comparation, I know my engine is not a high reving engine but I don't know if it is because the cylinder, be cause the pipe or what, I'm doing some fine tuning now with timing, jeting,clutch springs, etc. and yesterday got 10,500 rpm.

Now, I'm not sure what is the next step to get more rpm's...pipe maybe?, tune the cylinder?

The pipe issue started because every one's opinion is thet Leo vince Zx is shit, but no one can tell me why it is considered a shit!

Leo zx for 50cc isn't that great. There 's also a zx for minarelli 100cc, that one performs nice.
If I were you, I'dd look for a 125cc exhaust. For 300$ you should be able to get one, maybe you could get one made for that money.

Mexicano said:
Browni: I know pipes should be different be cause the different engine volumes, but comparing the drawings brookespeed showed me for 50/70c.c. and for 100 c.c. they are the same dimensions all around.

I'm very confused about my pipe performance bacause I don't have a point of comparation, I know my engine is not a high reving engine but I don't know if it is because the cylinder, be cause the pipe or what, I'm doing some fine tuning now with timing, jeting,clutch springs, etc. and yesterday got 10,500 rpm.

Now, I'm not sure what is the next step to get more rpm's...pipe maybe?, tune the cylinder?

The pipe issue started because every one's opinion is thet Leo vince Zx is shit, but no one can tell me why it is considered a shit!

I don't want too say very bad things about the Leo ZX pipe, but I know the 50 cc pipe and the Runner 125 Leo pipe's dimesions too, all of them are crap.

Even the 125-180 cc ZX pipe has a very radical /incorrect/ cone angles!! In my opinion, they aren't well designt tehy arent real expansion chambers only muffers!

Browni said:
I don't want too say very bad things about the Leo ZX pipe, but I know the 50 cc pipe and the Runner 125 Leo pipe's dimesions too, all of them are crap.

Even the 125-180 cc ZX piep has very radicalcon angles!! In my opinion, they aren't well designt tehy arent real expansion chambers only muffers!
I'm sure the Zx for 100cc isn't the best one, but it's not all that bad...

@Mexicano: maybe you can adjust an exhaust from piagio for your scooter. Piagio has a lot more exhausts for scooters over a 100cc ;)

DME3 said:
I'm sure the Zx for 100cc isn't the best one, but it's not all that bad...

@Mexicano: maybe you can adjust an exhaust from piagio for your scooter. Piagio has a lot more exhausts for scooters over a 100cc ;)

Maybe! I don't know the 100 cc one, only the 50 cc and the Runner 125-180 cc!!

Mexicano said:
O.K. guys, so if you have to choose, the best option it to use a 125 c.c. pipe from Gilera or piaggio?, let's say Jolly moto?
If you take a pia pipe, you will have to get it welled (dunno if I spelled 'welled' right :rolleyes: ). Then you must not change the volume of the exhaust, so don't put more metal to it or cut metal away from the pipe.
It's realy important to change as little as possible to the pipes volume to maintain good performance :)

DME3:

Yes I know, thanks!, but, the piaggio engines have the cylinder some degrees inclined and Minareli doesn't, so It's going to be a matter of cut some 2-3 inches maybe.

Regards,

Ok....

Mexicano said:
O.K. guys, so if you have to choose, the best option it to use a 125 c.c. pipe from Gilera or piaggio?, let's say Jolly moto?

Mex-
From my experience with a yamaha Axis 90 (Ac) with the following setup:
-125cc cast iron kit (no name brand) Ported (Fat exhaust port!!!)
-24 mikuni flatslide
-Polini manifold and reeds/cage
-Polini gearwheels
-Polini EVO Full race 70cc exhaust from 4 years ago
-Polini clutch
-Yellow tension spring

The bike ran great! It got upo to speed fast, and when i got behind something I could get pulled from 120kph + if i got in their tailbreeze!

I would go out on a limb and try the c30 pipe.....
hey, you can always sell it to someone else over there for $50 less... for the sake of learnning!
Marky

Mexicano said:
Thanks marky!

Seriously....
I would put the c21 on your bike since the c30 is basically the same pipe, and costs more than the 21....

anyone else put a full race 70cc pipe onm a 90/100cc ac min horiz motor?
marky

Marky: Thank again!

I will get the C21 and port my cylinder...how did you ported yours? have port map?, did you only widened the exhaust port or raised/lower it?

Thanks,

the 70cc and 50cc scooters need those rpms to push those pipes because they push out enough exhaust at those rpms to get the best power out of it.. but a 125cc stroker engine will have a huge amout of exhaust coming through it and wil power that pipe very well and in the same time wll lengthen your powerband, make powerband more powerful, and give more overall rpms... i dunno about the c30.. c30 sems to have to broad of a powerband to be used with that setup, i think.. i think the hebo r4 would be the best choice for you...it has a huge downpipe and huge diameter stinger and it isnt to long either(which meens more power and low rpms...). another great selection or u would be a fabrizi 90 pipe.. i say this because the fabrizi 90cc has almost the same modifications to the standard 50cc cilinder as u have to a standard 100cc cilinder. the fabrizi is a stroker abd a 90cc with a single exhaust port.. u have a stroker 125 single port... it might be the best option actually... or if u want to make ork for yourself the evo2 can be cut at the stinger and u can put a bigger one on and that would do well too.

these choices i gave are all somewhat lower reving in comparison to the c30 and othe high rpm pipes.they all have very harsh powerful powerbands, and the fabrizi has a fat expansion chamber and stinger and downpipe. hebo is close to that but a litlle smaller in all aspects....i own all three pipes mentioned as well as c20...i gave a good description i think!!! good luck mexicano!!!

Back