Hebo Manston or Yasuni Carrera 30?

Mexicano

Mexicano
Please help me to decide:

If you have to choose between these 2 pipes, which one and why you'll choose it?

Hebo Manston $ 440.00 Usd. (price at Sip-Scootershop)
Yasuni Carrera 30 $450.00 Usd. (price at Scooter center)

Now, what kind of increase in performance (%) you would get using these pipes in a given engine if actually using a Leo Vince ZX

Thanks!

Advertisement - register to remove this

Well Mexicano,

Could you post some more details of youre setup?
Type/Brand Cylinder? Which Carb? Etc.

A ZX is a replacement exhaust for the 50cc holomogated cylinder.
The 2 pipes you have selected are High-End Racing pipes, based on a High-End 70cc setup. If you mount them on the fabric 50cc cylinder, which is basically mounted on youre moped, the result can be even worse then the ZX.

ive read you use a modified 125cc ac cilinder...and you want to mount a high end racing exhaust for a 70cc high end racing cylinder on a low end 125cc engine...thats not what the pipe is made for, the results will probably be as poor as the ZX...

Slome/Petrik:

My Set-up is:

Malossi Big Bore 57.5 m.m. (12:1 CR)
ATV crankshaft, 48 m.m. titanium rod
KOSO 30 m.m. carburetor
Custom made manifold with ceramic coating
K&N air filter
Leo Vince ZX exhaust (unrestricted)
Nology Hot wire
Nology Hot coil
HPI Ignition programmable with light coils
Vforce3 reed cage
Denso Iridium spark plug
Malossi boost bottle
Ceramic main bearings
Tecno-Moto Varietor
Malossi Delta Clutch
16/49 gears
Custom made sub-frame
Koso digital meter

I can't get more than 9,200 rpm, but am sure it is because the long stroke and not because the pipe.

Thanks for your inputs,

even more...the long stroke hasnt got anything to do with it, cause the cilinder isnt timed high enough to perform at those rpm's the pipes work the best...

still.. those pipes at your setup would not do anything more then the zx... get a handmade exhaust or something :) cause 9.200 even a standard scooter with an other exhaust goes above that..

+ the carrera 30 and others are calculated on the volume of the 70cc engines..yours is 125...it just wont work any better...like xunit says: get a custom build..

why smokin?, which do you think would be the difference between Koso pipe an Leo Vince ZX?

I have checked the dimensions between Yasuni 21 and my Leo and those are very, very close similar....so I can't understand why every body says "drop that pipe away", no body explain me technically why Leo Vince ZX is a shit.....

When I got it new, I found a restrictor inside the down pipe and remove it but I'm not sure if there is another restrictor inside.

Thanks for your opinion

I don't think there's any other restriction but I remember reading about how it has a sound deadening lining. Maybe that decreases the volume. They are a bit more quiet than other pipes.

this is the measurement for the 50/70

http://www.sitogroup.com/pls/pazsito/pk$ges_upload.download?nome_file=DT-4569.PDF

and this for the 100

http://www.sitogroup.com/pls/pazsito/pk$ges_upload.download?nome_file=DT-5585.pdf

Mexicano said:
Please help me to decide:

If you have to choose between these 2 pipes, which one and why you'll choose it?

Hebo Manston $ 440.00 Usd. (price at Sip-Scootershop)
Yasuni Carrera 30 $450.00 Usd. (price at Scooter center)

Now, what kind of increase in performance (%) you would get using these pipes in a given engine if actually using a Leo Vince ZX

Thanks!

In my opinion, if you are running a 125cc engine, those two pipes will run great. someone from here runs a jog90 with a 54mm bore and it think 47stroke crank with Metrakit's prorace2 pipe and it runs very good.

My understanding is that those pipes are designed to run at more than 11k rpm from a 47.6mm piston, but you are running a 57.5mm piston which i think even with low rpm is sufficient enough (exhaust gas volume) to have those pipes run very well.

Back