Gilera 125

this might be different in your country. But in ireland to register a bike/car in your name u need to send away the change of ownership forum (log book) to register it you need the sellers signature and the buyers signature. Well i'm insuring my 172 as a 50cc and i got the 50cc log book. But to register that 50cc log book in my name i need the previous owners signature and i ainted got that. So can i still get insured?
Even though the bike is not registered in my name?

or can i just send it away with my sig even though it says *u need buyers and sellers sig. I pretty sure you guys got a different system, but u might have an idea/

write a lil note saying u forgot to get buyers sig that worked fine they dont mind. are u using runner 50 plates?? really stupid idea i must say

u don;t need a MOT in ireland. All u need is licence and insurance + tax nobodycheakes frames Unless suspected of theft. A good few peeps are doing it around here, i can't afford €5000 insurance. Just for third party. So this will work fine.

yes i am using 50cc runner plates, and even if they do cheak the frames i'll have the numbers changed. I can get it done locally. I'm either gona change them or scrape them off. And if for some reason the police see them. I'll say my bike was robbed and i got it back in 1/2 an hour so i did not report it to da police.

zip70 said:
4 stroke r u kidding 172cc's of pure 2 stroke mayhem, you will need to upjet your carb by about 10-20% for a free flow filter, or it will seize! ouch.. and making it look like a fifty is a v bad idea, the police wont notice but if u ever caused a crash, the insurance inspector would and youd be up shit creek without a paddle :(

so if i were you save up 125 insurance isnt much more than 50 insurance esp. if u got a years NCB :)

tom

No clamins bonus. Wait till ya hear this. A guy i know bought an aerox 2 years ago and his 2 years no clains bonus and his is insuance is still deerer coz insurance keeps going up

no mot required!!! shit i need to move there!! actually maybe not all it did is rain when i visited!! anywaygood luck if u can manage it i cant believe ur insurance is so high seems weird, here a runner 50 is like 200 to insure, a runner 125 like 300! third party only..

tom

omfg that cheap!!!! Ireland's insurance is a complete ripoff. It's unbleiveable. Thats why i have to insure it as a 50cc. There ripping us off big time. It's only rains during the winter and it's not that bad. Today was pretty hot.

Where did u visit?

I decided to go for an aerox but now i'm back to the gilera again.

I want to know what air filter to buy and what jets to buy also. (i want a good air filter that does not suck in too much junk.)

btw anyonw know where i can get thease parts?

M043296K0: Air filter Malossi size=38mm 30¦ red-chrome
(20,00EUR) 19,60EUR

Malossi offers an interesting alternative to Polini & CO. With some models (black & silver) a noise protection is delivered, which is to absorb the sucking noise. Note: The Malossifilter is made of hard plastic and cannot be adapted to different diameters.

Would 38mm be too big or too small to fit on the gilera carb?

Last edited:
diecided to got with a malossi red air filter or a doppler one. (anyone know which is not as loud?) i've been told that i will have to change the main jet to 100 how do i do this????/ Open up the carb then.....

Last edited:
all open filters are loud! thats why we buy them they dont do too much for performance! take out the carb, undo the screws holding the plastic bowl on the bottom on and take it off. Then you will see 2 gold screws with holes in. the big one is the mainjet which u need to change! i wud go 15% up on wat it is now

tom

Thanks, I gona upjet it to 100, So i just have the upjet the main jet whats the other one for?

I know that all airfilters are loud but some are louder than others? Do u know any quiet ones. (no like stock box but like quiter than a K&N etc

no theyre all pretty similiar and its a nice noise :p

im not sure what jet you will need to go to, i know the runner 125 uses a 85 mainjet standard (i got a runner 125 carb on my 50 :D ) i would say with a 172 and open filter youd be lookin at more like 115 jet or so but u can check by doing plug chops

Tom

oh yeh u dont need to change the pilot jet

i read some where that 100 should do it? so i'll buy a few of them,

''This will allow more Fuel/air into the engine and therefore allow it to burn faster. Approx 0.5hp is available by fitting the filter and correct jet. For the 125/172/180 as size 100 jet used with a Malossi 'red' filter appears to work best although differend filters, there are several available, will require different jets.''

whats ya think of that?

Last edited:
Back