Gilera 125

115 seems a bit big, however I am not going to guess at your jet size as I have no idea what your set up is like. If your not sure what your doing I suggest you take it to someone who does i.e. a garage. Its not worth knackering your bike. Better safe than sorry.

Dave

Before i buy the gilera 125 i'll have to cheak the engine numbers. on the log book and on the frame. Where are the the numbers on the bike?

not sure about engine numbers, frame is by th forks bit of the frame, also the VIN should be onm a sticker on the seat

i didnt know techniCRAP did a pipe for the 125/172. PM pipes are widely known to be the best i think, divuk? hes got one i think, they are not cheap though! www.pmtuning.co.uk or .com lol

or scorpion pipes are also ok apparently.

many 172 owners just stik to the standard pipe though because they are good pipes and you wont get a huge increase in performance! maybe 1 or 2 bhp at most (i stand to be corrected!!) money better spent on the 25mil carb i think :p

Yeah the PM pipe is my personal preference, however the malossi and polini pipes are ment to be pretty good. The scorpion is OK, make sure you take the restrictor out if you get one, and dont buy the old ones as they are badly made and snap easily. I had my old scorpion snap twice in two weeks! The scorpions are also good as they are stainless steel and dont rust.

BTW: The standard pipe is a pretty good one, although its not the best for all out power and it is very heavy.

Your engine number should be on the rear of the engine casing, near the rear wheel.

Dave

i can't keeps standard coz police will know it's a 125/172 then, I got to make it look like a fifty. I can get a second hand scropian pipe for free (with no end can) but it's supposte to have a crack in it. (can i get this welded?)

thats why i need a quiet open air filter. And hopefully a quiet pipe. Any susgestions?

Btw i live in ireland. So no mot,

Well if it breaths well it's loud ! But I like the breath sound more than exhaust sound :p It softens the exhaust sound ;)

aftermarket exhausts and filters arent quiet

if u think the cops will recognise it isnt a 50 by the size of the airbox, then somehoe fit a 50cc airbox, a small on like off a zip or somethink

exhaust- you wont find a non standard quiter than the standard...i dont think

or down jet lol. And the diamameter of the carb on the gilera 125 is about 38mm. so would a 50cc airbox fit on. (i could always cut a bigger hole right.)
So what 50cc air boxes could i use. (i thought they would be too small.

erm they should let enough air in if not just go down a size or two ther shouldnt be much in it. As for fitting on the carb, the rubber bit should stretch on fine, OR you could use the rubber bit on your 125 filter and zip tie it tight onto the smaller filter. It woul;dnt be hard to bodge a lil filter on

a zip has a v small filter, or a bigger one like off a typhoon/nrg/runner etc

i have a nrg filter if u want to buy it i duno wat postage is to ireland?

yea i'll make it fit but will it work? will i have to change the sponge?? Or just take th sponge out?
And ya know the way u were saying if i put on an open air filter (malossi or K&N) i would have to upjet or it would blow my engine? If i put the 50ccgilera standard air box on a 172 gilera and did not upjet or down jet would it blow my engine?

BTW new price for the gilers 172 €1250 comes with a shoei helmet worth 350 and a €100 lock. Sound good? 20000km but new cylinder.

Last edited:
Back