fa2st cyclinder for mini quad

Oke, that's nice to hear. The Polini cylinders are made at the Giladoni Molding Company. Italkit = Giladoni.

So you got Polini quality, for Italkit price.
The Polini EVO cylinders are availible with 12mm pin size.

i think the answer is the italkit alu bimetal kit it has 2 piece head with brass or copper insert so polini or vhm blanks will probably be compatable and think it has either a bridged or sub boost port gilardoni/polini quality and low price not sure on port spec though but it is rated at 12 to 14 hp so should be perfect last saw one a few years ago in an old scooter attack catalogue but if your in touch with italkit then should be fine.
? what rod length are the stroker cranks your considering??
the mk pro is also a good choice and is available off the shelf to fit the quad,im real impressed with the r1200 dyno tests on scooter attack for piaggio got a great spread of power and lots of torque and should suit lower port timings well ,expect minarelli to be same, the scoot pipes fit easy on the quad with a new stinger + silencer rework and sometimes the engine front mount lifting an inch.

just looked on scoot attack and italkit sites and it appears the cylinder u have is eco speed 70 for std stroke ,think the alu speed italkit p.no. CK68.744G will be just the ticket as its designed for stroker use 43mm and has 2 piece head not sure on exhaust port arrangement,italkit also do a good inner rotor kit , think digital is out now selletra system same as used by malossi and old polini ignition but again for italkit money.

Last edited:
We have some Italkit stuff but I have not got a email if I can post the stuff yet. It looks like we are going to be working with them on some ATV stuff. But, the scooter motors are the test bed for what we are doing.
Yes, 50cc and Mr Big you are right we have gone with Italkit. The guy we are talking to when I asked about the polini stuff, only kept asking what polini stuff I wanted and would not tell me if they were together or not.
I do have quite a lot of stuff that came in the spain box. We even got a invitation to the 2007 Dealer Expo! The new motors that will be here any day are CK68.744. g3 we have no listing of them? We will need the experts to tell us if we can port out this new stuff. please stay tuned.....lol
Mr Big you are a lot of help, if you ever need anything we will do our best to help you out....Thanks
Yes, and 50cc and all the rest! You guys Rule the mini's hands down.........

Ok, You need to see how this came from the factory. This is one of the best stock port jobs I have ever seen. This is just what we were hoping for. This kit just rips. We will have a dino test next week but stock form, just walked away from a 3 others we tested today. This motor is way over 15hp stock. It is the same kit as the cl.68.744.g1 but ports are just what you guys said we needed. This is what they sent us on all of your help. We still have 3 more different kits on the way this next week, just in case.
I will post some port timmings in a few min. WOW

2lwp1g6.jpg

2myvqtz.jpg

4h2j5mh.jpg

48fawjs.jpg

339qeqt.jpg

unison can you provide
stroke
rod length
and most importantly the piston height eg?does your port map show measurements from tdc or from top of cylinder/ does piston sit flush or - 1mm or + 1mm its something that is regularly omitted from port maps and renders the info useless,i also find measuring the ports in mm (as youi have)and calculating produces more accuracy than with a degree disc in general degree discs tend to measure approx 2 to 3 degrees more for example 195 130 on port map tends to show 197 133 on degree disc when measured extremely accurately with a feeler gauge so its good to stick to using one or the other
looks nice port work although port area will still be limited compared with sub boost or bridge port cylinders
have you got a CK68.744G cylinder on its way
ive produced an engine technical working sheet i can mail you which will help with keeping all your data organised you can put it up on here if you like for all to use.
looks like your cases will need modding heavily to suit the cyl base mods and a reed spacer will improve flow into the rear transfers which you will notice is heavily masked should also help reduce crankcase volume for the larger capacity motor.
? what is your base engine is it the 50 crankcases

base on 43mm stroke and a flush piston height ,blowdown is too low for best horsepower this is good for a single speed kart or mini moto engine as gives a wide spread but as you have the ultimate gearbox id go for a higher figure approx 32deg on lower ex duration.

Last edited:
This is a 45mm crank I think it is a 85mm stroke
With the 6mm spacer the piston is 2.3mm under the lip of the deck.
Yes, we have the G cylinders in hand now! Ports are very close to the 2f4r?
This cylinder is less than 200.00 usd to land.
I will get a few more pic's up tonight

so if the port map is from deck minus 2.3mm 211 ex 161 tr
if from tdc 200 ex 148 tr
thats real extreme but to be expected when stroking
i think the g cylinder will be spot on

COD.:CK.68.743.G1 70cc 12mm for a motor minarelli or Italjet-Aprilla

Hello Unisonracing,

I have read your story with great interest. My son races a 90cc auto here on the east coast (United States) and I am in the process of looking into improving the output with a better cylinder. Our current cylinder is a cast iron liquid cooled 52mm using a 42mm stroke crank yielding 89.2 cc. There are no sources (at least that I know of) for a 52mm liquid cooled cylinder so I have been thinking of doing exactly what you have been chasing (use a perf. 47.6 mm cylinder and a different stroke crank to come as close as possible to the 90cc limit). Is there any chance that I could telephone you to discuss and share info?

Thanks

the fabrizi FHT kit will get you close to 90cc, with its 46mm crank and 47.6mm bore.

Hello Rydah,

Thank you for your reply.

As you seem to have some knowledge re: the Fabrizi Kit can you answer some questions?

1. Do you have an approx. idea of the power output with this cylinder, peak rpm's etc. Our current set up makes 12 RWHP on a Land & Sea Dyno and revs to 9,500 RPM

2. Does this cylinder have a bridged exhaust port?

3. Will the crank fit the cases without maching?

4. Do you know of a supplier here in the US and cost?

Tenative plans call for a 28mm Kehin PWK (up from 24mm), a PVL ignition, V-Force Reed Valve either for the Minarelli engine (if it will handle the flow of a 28mm) or possibly fit a KX dirt bike reed cage. Not too sure about the intake, currently the carb faces rearward but has a fairly long tubing style manifold. Looking to change this but would like to retain the rearward facing carb to keep it out of the mud and dirt path.

Thanks

Hello Rydah,

Thank you for your reply.

As you seem to have some knowledge re: the Fabrizi Kit can you answer some questions?

1. Do you have an approx. idea of the power output with this cylinder, peak rpm's etc. Our current set up makes 12 RWHP on a Land & Sea Dyno and revs to 9,500 RPM

2. Does this cylinder have a bridged exhaust port?

3. Will the crank fit the cases without maching?

4. Do you know of a supplier here in the US and cost?

Tenative plans call for a 28mm Kehin PWK (up from 24mm), a PVL ignition, V-Force Reed Valve either for the Minarelli engine (if it will handle the flow of a 28mm) or possibly fit a KX dirt bike reed cage. Not too sure about the intake, currently the carb faces rearward but has a fairly long tubing style manifold. Looking to change this but would like to retain the rearward facing carb to keep it out of the mud and dirt path.

Thanks

That 90cc FHT kit should atleast put out 22 hp. Rpm is hard to tell, but I think around 13.5k rpm. (could be more, could be less).

If you have a 50cc engine, you will need to machine the casing, to fit the crank.

The FHT kit has a Tport exhaust (bridged).

That 90cc FHT kit should atleast put out 22 hp. Rpm is hard to tell, but I think around 13.5k rpm. (could be more, could be less).

If you have a 50cc engine, you will need to machine the casing, to fit the crank.

The FHT kit has a Tport exhaust (bridged).

Hello Big B,

I appreciate all info.

The engine is a 90 cc from the factory 52 mm bore x 42 mm stroke liquid cooled cast iron cylinder.

When you mention that the cases need to be machined for the crank, can you be more specific? What needs to be machined and why?

Anywhere near 18-20 HP would be a huge step up for us.

Does anyone know of a source here in the US for the Fabrizi products?

Thanks again all

Hello Big B,

I appreciate all info.

The engine is a 90 cc from the factory 52 mm bore x 42 mm stroke liquid cooled cast iron cylinder.

When you mention that the cases need to be machined for the crank, can you be more specific? What needs to be machined and why?

Anywhere near 18-20 HP would be a huge step up for us.

Does anyone know of a source here in the US for the Fabrizi products?

Thanks again all

i left you the info on in the last post, but here it goes again. this guy is the fabrizi importer for the U.S. he is also the one building up the bike in the FHT post. http://www.cycleimportshawaii.com/

i left you the info on in the last post, but here it goes again. this guy is the fabrizi importer for the U.S. he is also the one building up the bike in the FHT post. http://www.cycleimportshawaii.com/

Thanks Rydah,
Much appreciate the hand holding. I spoke to George last night (we are 6 hours difference) very nice guy with good knowledge. The pricing of 1,700.00 USD less shipping was too high for the Fabrizi cylinder and crankshaft. I think we have to look at possibly something else, I just dropped 1,400.00 on Elka shocks and a chrome molly plus 1 inch swingarm. I am involved with several TZ-250 racers here and that pricing was way more than TZ parts.

Back