DO NOT buy a BWS Yamaha Scooter 06

headband

When I first got it it ran like a dream. First two years of course I put money in brakes and anything that went wrong.$100.00 to $200.00 here and there ,fine. Then it starts to break down 09 and I bring it in and they rebuild the engine,fine. That costs $522.00 I shoudn't have done it now when I look at it but what is done is done. But I can't get it to go up hill passed 20 and it's very slow and I say to the guys this rebuilt engine is awful something is wrong. They look at it we fight and they do it again with the engine. 175klm later the belt breaks again which I just paid $225.00 to get this fixed and the battery dies and I just got that 2 months ago, if your starting to get the picture here. Now the second rebuilt engine and I still can't get it to go any faster up a hill? So I bring it back to Yamaha DEALER and they say and I quote" Maybe the bike has no more life in her or maybe it just to hot but we don't know what is wrong and there is nothing we can do for you"....17,0000klm on the bike and this is what they say and this is what happens to these bikes after only 3 years.If I were you and I was investing I wouldn't put one red cent into this bike again or into Yamaha.. Headband

Advertisement - register to remove this

I lolled
got a Yamaha BWS Spy from way past 05 props from like 1999 or sumin and it works just fine.
It's just a thing with this kind of stuff, it brakes down and you need to have regular maintence.
And the dealer you went to sucks balls, go find a other one, they are Yamaha, its top of the range.
The didn't fix it properly for ya, sorry man.

maybe you need to realise that is is not the bike , but yourself maybe?

a normal Yamaha engine will run for years without problems , if threated right , proper maintenances etc..

and futher , a used scooter can always give you trouble!!

if you really wan't to ride on a scooter and be certain to have a good scooter then buy a new one ;)

to me this is another BS story of someone who bought the wrong used scooter from the wrong person , so do'nt blame the scooter , blame yourself for buying the wrong scooter without any knowledge of scooters anyway...

this is a very classic thing your telling , I've heard tons of story's like this!!

if you want a good scooter , buy a new one , otherwise ,don't complain ;)

further , that a dealer is a Yamaha dealer is not a garantee that he really knows what he is doing..

if I where to buy the same bike , invest some money in it it would run for years without to much trouble!!

a lot of people could do this , maybe it is time to search for a better dealer??

a lot of dealers are just bullshitting around....

headband, is your bike one of those bug eye'd BWS, if so its made in thaiwan that might be your problem.

Not sure what you mean by bug eye but your problably right lol.. I brought it to two places so that one wasn't dicking me around as I'm a girl and I wasn't sure they are supposed to know not me.. I live where there happens to be lots of hills and it's great on a straight away.. As far as this being me yeah I'm making the bike do this as I like to spend money on it lol lol....Not meaning you the other guy that is making the comments lol.. I just thought I would put this warning up for anyone else that was thinking of buying this bike. Never in a million years did I think this would happen and I don't want to put anymore money into it.. As I have now spent as much as the bike is worth. Had I known this I would have bought a new bike but it wouldn't be a Yamaha EVER AGAIN!! Peace headband

I lolled
got a Yamaha BWS Spy from way past 05 props from like 1999 or sumin and it works just fine.
It's just a thing with this kind of stuff, it brakes down and you need to have regular maintence.
And the dealer you went to sucks balls, go find a other one, they are Yamaha, its top of the range.
The didn't fix it properly for ya, sorry man.

Thanks man I'm also got an 87 jog that goes like stink which is why I bought this 2006 .So yeah I think the older ones are better then this new shit. Isn't this always the way.. peace out Headband

is your bike one of those funny looking zumas with the giant headlights. those are the ones made in thaiwan. that 87 jog you got is a real japan bike. the other zumas are made in france by MBK those last a really long too without any problems.

is your bike one of those funny looking zumas with the giant headlights. those are the ones made in thaiwan. that 87 jog you got is a real japan bike. the other zumas are made in france by MBK those last a really long too without any problems.

Then what the hell is wrong with mine???????? The only thing I can think of that they might have missed that is a long shot is that the gas cap broke off in the tank and some of the pieces fell in the tank? Maybe this is what is staving it for gas up the hill?? They are a few nuts and bolts in the tanks. I'm wondering if this could be it??? I don't know I'm just grasping here lol lol.. I know when the manager took it out he said it was staving for gas for some reason but he didn't know why. Well damn either do I lol lol... peace out headband

is your vaccum connected.

I'm assuming it is lol lol.. I'm going to take it in to another dealer altogether and see what they say... I had to break for a person again and couldn't pick up speed and had all these cars yelling at me which wasn't a good feeling when you can't get out of the way. Makes you feel like your on a 10 speed bike instead of a scooter lol.. NEVER AGAIN WITH A YAMAHA!!!!! peace out Headband

buy a real yamaha this time, japan or france made.

I won't ever go with Yamaha again. If the dealer can act like this with this BWS then I don't trust them with anything else. They don't realize that they shoot themselves in the foot when they don't try and help you! Over 1000 ppl came up to me and asked me about this bike and at first it was all good now if anyone asks I say No WAY don't bother!.. To me it seems this bike is breaking down after 2 years and the company knows this and just wants me to get another new bike . Just like this other guy commented he sounds like a dealer..All they see is $$$.. Peace out headband

Back