carburetor for big bore 86cc?

jakan

I have previously had a 28mm carburetor for my Big Bore 86cc horizontal minarelli engine
the question is whether it pays of to use a bigger carburetor like 30mm or 32mm instead? the cylinder is tuned

Advertisement - register to remove this

Take a look on what two stroke crossers are useing.

And remember that Both Cagive Mito 125 Evo and Aprilia RS 125 both use carbs less than 30 mm.

Take a look on what two stroke crossers are useing.

And remember that Both Cagive Mito 125 Evo and Aprilia RS 125 both use carbs less than 30 mm.

that is bcoz they are road versions & not the race/GP versions, we have an HRC RS125GP & it has a 38mm carb standard.

that is bcoz they are road versions & not the race/GP versions, we have an HRC RS125GP & it has a 38mm carb standard.

Yes, I belive you, but those bikes have much much larger reed valves and transers. And personally I have a theory that the last is the reason why BB performs so badly. (Compared to 70 cc)

Yes, I belive you, but those bikes have much much larger reed valves and transers. And personally I have a theory that the last is the reason why BB performs so badly. (Compared to 70 cc)
wassup Velo, can you expand more on your theory.

wassup Velo, can you expand more on your theory.

what he means is that the BB kits are restricted by the area of their reedvalves, our RS125GP bike has a huge reedcage which allows for a big 38mm carb, in order to extract more power from the 77cc-94cc kits we must also increase the size of the reedvalves in order to use a bigger carb to flow the volume of air required to make more power.

add to that is teh size of the transfer ports & tunnels, it simply must be enlarged so the bigger 77-86cc MHR kits can breathe & make more power.

Last edited:
what he means is that the BB kits are restricted by the area of their reedvalves, our RS125GP bike has a huge reedcage which allows for a big 38mm carb, in order to extract more power from the 77cc-94cc kits we must also increase the size of the reedvalves in order to use a bigger carb to flow the volume of air required to make more power.

add to that is teh size of the transfer ports & tunnels, it simply must be enlarged so the bigger 77-86cc MHR kits can breathe & make more power.

interesting, as I said, I have already enlarged the transfer ports and tunnels of the cylinder
any suggestions on what can be in order to increase the volume of the reedvalves on the minarelli dd block? have you any picture or measurements of the Rs125GP reedvalves?

Start welding
there simply isnt the material there
yes, it would be good to have a reedvalve to go after

any more pictures of that engine?

I can see why they did it that way for the room, but it looks like it fsiring is straight a the crank which is technically wrong

no matter how you twist and turn on it, it will probably always be that way
unless you move it foward towars the cylinder?

For minarelli is vl14 from malossi big enough, you don`t need a big reed valve from a 125cc or something. 34mm or even 35mm works very well with a vl14 on 86cc engine:)

when i get my big bore kit i just planned on using a 28mm pwk carb. my bike is a streetbike anyways so that should be good enough.

For minarelli is vl14 from malossi big enough, you don`t need a big reed valve from a 125cc or something. 34mm or even 35mm works very well with a vl14 on 86cc engine:)

You ever tested a bigger membran to ensure that statement?

Sure it does perform good, and also more peake than with 28 mm. This is after all not much an foundation to conclude that a bigger membran wont be better, or a vl14 is "good" enough.

Yes I did and yes this are findings of me. If you have other results, no problem:) But I can quess that you haven`t tested a 34 or 35mm otherwise you would have an other conclusion about it.

Yes I did and yes this are findings of me. If you have other results, no problem:) But I can quess that you haven`t tested a 34 or 35mm otherwise you would have an other conclusion about it.

so you mean that it did not give any noticeble effects of using a larger reed valve? and that I can use a 34-35mm carburetor without problems?
I consider to use or testing a "pro flow valve" instead of the vl14

when i get my big bore kit i just planned on using a 28mm pwk carb. my bike is a streetbike anyways so that should be good enough.

I have not mentioned it but i use the engine for sprint 150m

Back