Anyone ever seen these Koso Power Test meters?

If you don't think it's worth the $ just check the manual.

The machine can correct air/roll resistance losses by first measuring deceleration from a certain speed and then extracting the drag losses from it. (For a correct wind correction you'd have to do this every time for a certain wind speed/direction)

The left/right/front/back roll has an influence on measurement so you have to drive in a straight line without a wheelie. (You have to level the MRD before you can even start to measure.)

Of course it's not a real "corrected dyno in your pocket", but it's great for measuring differences when adjusting or tuning a setup. A quick accel test will give you peak Gs, average Gs and maximum power in HP on the LCD display. It's the ideal tool for determining the best roller weight/springs on a road setup...

Last edited:
My MRD unit was shipped yesterday with USPS Express mail (not UPS). They gave me a tracking number, should arrive in 5 days.

Total cost (including fees for the western union money transfer) €150

Aidix said:
My MRD unit was shipped yesterday with USPS Express mail (not UPS). They gave me a tracking number, should arrive in 5 days.

Total cost (including fees for the western union money transfer) €150
I assume you need to add another 19% orso for import taxes?

If anyone is interested in accuratly (within ~1/100s) measuring their sprint times let me know, but keep in mind there are a few drawbacks:
1) You need to measure the distance yourself and it should take at least 5 seconds.
2) While accelerating you may ruin part of what is needed (No need to worry, there are pretty cheap solutions).
3) The sensor needs to be pretty close to the track (2-3.5cm).

@ the mods: I'm not trying to sell anything, I just want to know if people are interested (I already have one, but I might be able to get my hands on a few more....dirt cheap).

BTW: I'd like one more so that's why I didn't tell you what it is, but if people are interested I'll buy them all and sell them without profit (Right now it looks like I might be able to buy at least 3 units (-1 for me of course) for the whopping total amount (Incl. Shipping + Bank transfer) of 40 euro.
Depending on where you live it may only cost you 20 euro orso.

For Sprint time, I use ALFANO. Sensors should be position at the lowest part of the scoot as possible. I just have to use 2 set of magnets strips on the road im going to have test run. One on the starting line and on the finish line. But it is primarily intended on measuring lap time on circuit track. Magnet strips are already embedded on our tracks, so we just set the ALFANO unit on how many magnet strips on the tracks. Aside from measuring & recording lap times, it can measure RPM and also temperature. The cost is not that cheap i guess. My friend who's a kart mechanic just gave me that unit.

Back