Anyone ever seen these Koso Power Test meters?

Aidix

I'd like to get my hands on one of these meters. The small meter is in the scooter-attack catalog (as a Stage6 version) but I don't think they'll ever get it in stock. Are these for sale in the Phillipines?

p_051201_07246.jpg

p_051201_07242.jpg

Seems pretty usefull, it they actually work. They calculate sprint distance and time.

Advertisement - register to remove this

Aidix said:
Many brands, but not for that price. Veypor is 369 euro. Koso (small) is 80 euro.

And Mr Dyno is only 130 euro! I think this is a correct price! Koso makes nice electric parts but most of them aren't very accurate and aren't reliable! Maybe that Koso is good, but I don't think so!

Browni said:
And Mr Dyno is only 130 euro! I think this is a correct price! Koso makes nice electric parts but most of them aren't very accurate and aren't reliable! Maybe that Koso is good, but I don't think so!

Thanks for the tip about Mr Dyno, I think im gonna try that one! :)

My friend had one similar to the mr dyno., just because it has an LED display instead of lcd its "unprofessional"?? Well id just like to say how arurate these are.. And are on ebay very cheap. Cant remebr the make, but they are VERY reliable ....

Mr Dyno is a much better unit than the Koso by the way...

Mr Dyno measures g-force, direct acceleration to the vehicle.
The koso meters are just a "tacho with a stopwatch". Becuase the koso only measures once or twice during one revolution of the front wheel (like any other digital meter) it's very inaccurate and slow.

Aidix said:

The koso meters are just a "tacho with a stopwatch". Becuase the koso only measures once or twice during one revolution of the front wheel (like any other digital meter) it's very inaccurate and slow.

Yes you are right!!

Aidix said:

Thanks for backing that up..

I'm sure it works fine, it has all the features you could wish for.

The only thing you'll have to keep in mind is that the results it gives you will vary with the wind speed and direction. Esp. when testing low power setups the wind can have a major influence on the results, so one would have to keep the max testing speed low to minimize the influence.

sounds like there are too many variables to make it even worth 150$

Will MR Dyno Work on my Motorcycle ?

Maybe. The difficulty is in operating the device on a motorcycle - you can't see the display with it mounted level on your gas tank, so you are operating the device without being able to see the display. Can it be done? Yes, but it requires practice, and great care.

Also, motorcycles have very short wheelbases, are typically very quick, and obviously do wheelies. You have to keep the vehicle level during testing, or be very careful in determining the acceleration tilt correction factor for your bike. Second or third gear testing may work out the best, but you'll need a lot of running room.

FYI, firmware version 1.02 eliminates the left/right zeroing requirement for 1/8, 1/4 and acceleration run testing, which may make motorcycle testing easier.

str8dum said:
sounds like there are too many variables to make it even worth 150$

Will MR Dyno Work on my Motorcycle ?

Maybe. The difficulty is in operating the device on a motorcycle - you can't see the display with it mounted level on your gas tank, so you are operating the device without being able to see the display. Can it be done? Yes, but it requires practice, and great care.

Also, motorcycles have very short wheelbases, are typically very quick, and obviously do wheelies. You have to keep the vehicle level during testing, or be very careful in determining the acceleration tilt correction factor for your bike. Second or third gear testing may work out the best, but you'll need a lot of running room.

FYI, firmware version 1.02 eliminates the left/right zeroing requirement for 1/8, 1/4 and acceleration run testing, which may make motorcycle testing easier.

$150 is very cheap in my opinion!! The price/value ratio is the best I think if you comper it with the others. Like Veypor..

If you can't see the display isn't problem! Just fix the box to a good place! You can use it on motorcycle too! You have to be careful don't do wheelies, if I know right this dyno has a vertical compensation too.

However I can tell you there are other very good pocket dynos without any display, only two little LED-s and they are even very good. How wants to see the display while he accelrates just switch on and use it, these products has a very good software, you can see anything on your PC or on yur laptop!

Back