Aerox

OK. LoL. I decided to buy the bike. And today i got a bit carried away and went to work straight away. I striped the whole bike. Well apart from the wires.

I ran onto two problems. Firstley the engine head will not come off because it;s to tight (the bolts)(any ideas). I'm not too worried about this. What i am worried about is the carb. The Throttle cable get taken off by two screws and just slips out. (is it as esay to put back in) And the cable for the choke. I just pulled out, I think i might have done some damage by pulling it out. OR do ya think it will be ok. ALso any thing i should watch out for when taking the engine/ carb out? Also the rev counter does not work how do ya reconfigure it?

PLease help, I want to to actually run when i put it back together lol.

Use some creepy-crawly oil on the bolts and let it rest for a night. Give it a beating (literally!) This would loosen up any garbage. Generally head bolts arent supposed to be tight. Unless some idiot... well, you get the idea.

The throttle cable should jump out when you unscrew the top cover of the carb, this is normal (there's a spring in there!). It's easy to put back in, but be sure to align it because it will only fit one way. As for the choke, if you don't see damage there is no damage :)

I dunno about the revcounter.

U know behind the varator that holds the rollers
On some models (max biggie) is this where it takes the revs from?
IF so the new engine i got does not have thease so can i just throw all the stuff in?

Anyone got a pic of an aeroc crank shaft still in the engine case?
I'm getting a lend of a digital camera today so i'll upload some pics of the aerox

This is the thing the pump sits on. I think it's the generator. Any ideas how to take it off? I don't wana just pull it off incase i break something I have already taken off the nut as you can see.

MVC-007F.JPG

It's the flywheel. It's difficult to remove if you don't have the proper tool, so better go to a scooter repair shop and have them do it for you...

It's 'simply' clamped to the flywheel (conical shape). some people use screwdrivers and hammers to pry it off, but I wouldn't recommend it.

So could i put a screw driver under the fly wheel and prise it off?

I don;t care about the crank it's sitting on

Oh but the crank always survives this massacre :) It's the other parts you should be worried about. The flywheel itself, magnets, coils, enginecase....

Give it a try with a HUGE screwdriver and carefully AND evenly pry it on every side. You'll probably need to use another screwdriver as a 'lever' because it takes a lot of brute force to pry it loose.
You can get a special tool ("flywheel puller" in dutch) that does the job in 5 seconds without risking any of your parts.

got the thing off in 2 mins. Just got a screw driver hit it a few times when i was moving it around. Then i just bate it off.

U know the white thing under the generator/ how do ya get that off

Originally posted by Cathal
got the thing off in 2 mins. Just got a screw driver hit it a few times when i was moving it around. Then i just bate it off.

U know the white thing under the generator/ how do ya get that off

bashing on the flywheel will make te magnets lose some of their magenticy, so you magnetic field will be weaker -> less powerfull pulse/lights...

this is the engine nerley finished

got a new (seond hand ) but like new cylinder. As you can see i sealed it with some red sealer stuff

MVC-022F.JPG

This is the old crank shaft this is before i started.

How do i make sure this does not happen again
Can you see where it's wroung at the top
MVC-024F.JPG

Your variator kit is complete.
Just fasten everything, and it should work without ever giving problems. It simply can't self destruct without a prior human error.

i thought that was it but is there not another washer????

Also. When i put the engine back on. Connect the spark and the carb. And for some reason the engine will not start. ( this has not happened yet but i fear it will when everything is in place. What could go worng?

Back