? about MHR Team 50cc Minarelli

tiba_karotsu

OVERREV TUNING
hey guys i hope you can help me, i need to know what type of exhaust port the MHR Team 50cc kit (31 11511) uses? is it butterfly/bridge or auxilliary/rotax design exhaust ports? the MHR 50 kit (31 8559) uses an auxilliary/rotax design & i'm wondering if the MHR Team 50cc kit still uses this design.

we are planning to build a 50cc dragscooter in collaboration with a few friends of mine & the choice will decide whether the Team 50cc kit has a bridged exhaust port, if it does have a bridged exhaust port then we will go through with it but if not then we will just have to settle for the MHR 50cc which is locally available.

dank u mijn vriends.

Advertisement - register to remove this

The MHR Team 50cc has Oval + aux port exhaust design.
The only 50cc that has an bridged exhaustport is the 50cc EVO cylinder.

The difference between the MHR 50 and the team was it's head and piston I thought. Other then that no difference in timing what so ever.

Alsjeblieft vriend ;)

dank u Big B, so i guess you can get the same performance from an MHR 50 kit for less than an MHR Team 50cc kit since theoretically they share the same port timings & port shape.

another question does DPR make a pipe for the MHR/Team 50 kits (tuned of course), i want the most hp from our setup & what is the highest hp you guys achieved from a 50cc with no restrictions to modifications?

dank u Big B, so i guess you can get the same performance from an MHR 50 kit for less than an MHR Team 50cc kit since theoretically they share the same port timings & port shape.

another question does DPR make a pipe for the MHR/Team 50 kits (tuned of course), i want the most hp from our setup & what is the highest hp you guys achieved from a 50cc with no restrictions to modifications?

Hm, all the MHR kits where used with restrictions of a 19mm carb.
I know that some racers produced over 18HP with the 19mm + 50cc LC and even heard rumoers about allmost 20 hp! Only that score was set on piaggio, for mina I don;t know.

DPR makes Team50cc exhausts or exhausts to any spec.
But better see if you can get a VTM exhaust..

Try to contact user "Dani" I drove with a VTM tuned setup and so did others who scored over 17 hp.

i see so VTM uitlaat is the only way to go for 50cc setups, at least most of the stuff we need are already here (cilinder kit, krukas, transmission, carb etc) so the only key item is the pipe, i will send a pm to dani when things are ready, how much do reckon a 50cc VTM uitlaat costs?

thanks again for your help.

i see so VTM uitlaat is the only way to go for 50cc setups, at least most of the stuff we need are already here (cilinder kit, krukas, transmission, carb etc) so the only key item is the pipe, i will send a pm to dani when things are ready, how much do reckon a 50cc VTM uitlaat costs?

thanks again for your help.

Pff, 500 euro? :X VTM stopped with tuning, so you have to be lucky.

yes of course this will be a mina cilinder (Yamaha Jog), we need a lightweight scooter & engine as platform so the Piaggio is out of the question.

Roost (Marko) already said he doesn't have the time to design a pipe for 50cc engines so i have too look for other sources but if Roost will give us the privilege of making a one off pipe for the 50cc mina dragscooters i'm more than happy to accept.

Btw, I guess this cylinder will be a mina cylinder? If not, on piaggio the team 99 exhaust (for 50cc) works very well.

Would it be hard to modify this pipe to fit? Make a new flange and mounting bracket for it, etc?

I'd like to see what you guys get out of your 50. Should be very interesting! :D Keep us posted!

~Josh

Would it be hard to modify this pipe to fit? Make a new flange and mounting bracket for it, etc?

I'd like to see what you guys get out of your 50. Should be very interesting! :D Keep us posted!

~Josh

That depends -offcourse- on how good your cutting and welding skills are. It has done before, piaggio exhausts rewelded to fit mina, only with the same length etc it wouldn't preform as good, as it would on piaggio.

(works the same way around, mina exhaust, fitted for piaggio).

Even if you would prepare the cylinder identical, it will not preform well. Proably has something to do with the cooling of the cylinders.

Back