Malossi MHR TEAM BB 77cc

U will have 21,23 hp to be exact ^^

You can t expect anything...I know too many noobs who had with Team2 not even 16 HP.
Its a matter of your tuning

Here a dyno run of a Mhr team 2 70ccm STOCK portmap....pro flow tuned carter

http://www.scootertuning.de/gallery/displayimage.php?imageid=70064&original=1

And here another one with an Team2 (says he but ppl said it was 77ccm BB NOT XSH Tuned)

http://www.scootertuning.de/gallery/displayimage.php?imageid=69978&original=1

Therefore,If u have no idea of Tuning u should better buy a Sport cylinder,you will have the same result...High end Tuning is and stays for Pros and not wannabe*s

the links aren't working.

btw i am far from a wannabe tuner.

here are some pics of the work done on trueOverrev's Beta Ark, it's an MHR Team 6T kit, old tech for you but even these cylinders can still perform when massaged correctly.

again this is a work your average wannabe couldn't copy, this is a hypertuned Team 6T kit (Minarelli) by Overrev Tuning. the carter work is so secret i can't post the pics.

It looks pretty nice! what is so special about the crankcase?

thanks, well the crankcase i spent more time on tuning than the cylinder itself & i have only shown them to my closest friends to whom i can trust. on the outside it looks like your normal carter tuning but it's in the small details that set it apart from the rest. i have seen a lot of tuned carters in this forum & i for one don't like to copy other people's hard work. IMO the carters also play a major role in power output, it has to match the application & characteristics of the cilinder it's being used on.

I really disagree on the crankcase tuning. I tryed a lot of different ways on modifing. But the work you put in, doesn't pays off. Now i only tune the transfers of the case so it matches nicely with the cylinder. I it just scores the same like a case with a lot of work on it. So i don't really put a lot of effort in the case anymore.

Yeah Tommy, but maybe he tried something you didn't :p
No offence, I don't know everything aswell. Things are there to be tried. On the other hand, it's hard to judge if you haven't seen pics :)

Carter tuning is just as important in the flow process as cylinder tuning in my opinion, If you can find a way to get the fuel/air mix as quickly and efficiantly as possible this creates better admission process. Each tuner has their own way of tuning cylinder , carters, carbs etc. Tiba, I also spent much longer tuning my crankcases than my cylinder as i found this to be just as important in the flow process. 1st we made theory on the best methods of directing the fuel/air mix into the cyl, then put into practise. Sometimes these take long time to revise over / to put into practise but all will pay off in the end.

The cylinder looks nice Tiba, Nice to see people still tuning the slighly older cylinders. Im a high believer of making your own minds up on tuning, its always best to make your own way of state of tune then saying what was good or what did not go so well. Each tuner knows whats the best method for them .

Carter tuning is just as important in the flow process as cylinder tuning in my opinion, If you can find a way to get the fuel/air mix as quickly and efficiantly as possible this creates better admission process. Each tuner has their own way of tuning cylinder , carters, carbs etc. Tiba, I also spent much longer tuning my crankcases than my cylinder as i found this to be just as important in the flow process. 1st we made theory on the best methods of directing the fuel/air mix into the cyl, then put into practise. Sometimes these take long time to revise over / to put into practise but all will pay off in the end.

The cylinder looks nice Tiba, Nice to see people still tuning the slighly older cylinders. Im a high believer of making your own minds up on tuning, its always best to make your own way of state of tune then saying what was good or what did not go so well. Each tuner knows whats the best method for them .

we have a lot of leftover Team 6T kits over here, some new but lots of used kits as well, you guys are so lucky to have the Team 7T kits within easy reach, over here i only know of one Team 7T that's being used for racing & it's on a Piaggio ZipSP. the only way for these oude 6T cilinders to match the power output of an untuned 7T kit is to make the port areas bigger, this is why the ports of trueOverrev's Team 6T kit is ported that way much like a 2Fast or TCR kit especially on the transfer ports, it needs a lot of area to breathe & make a lot of power at high rpm.

if trueOverrev buys that BB77 kit it'll be the first 7T kit i'll be working on, it will only receive a clean up on the ports, no major tuning necessary, i feel these kits with their extra ports will make a lot of power, more power than he can actually use. he can't even make full use of that tuned Team 6T 70cc, what more from a 77cc 7T kit. the carters would only need a slight alteration for the new port layout, he just wants more power down the midrange for quicker acceleration & this is where the increased displacement come in handy.

TO when the scooter is up & running buy that Alpinestars 1pc suit & Arai RX7RR helmet, you'll be needing this when you ride your MHR Beta Ark version 2.0 when you come home to visit next year.

we have a lot of leftover Team 6T kits over here, some new but lots of used kits as well, you guys are so lucky to have the Team 7T kits within easy reach, over here i only know of one Team 7T that's being used for racing & it's on a Piaggio ZipSP. the only way for these oude 6T cilinders to match the power output of an untuned 7T kit is to make the port areas bigger, this is why the ports of trueOverrev's Team 6T kit is ported that way much like a 2Fast or TCR kit especially on the transfer ports, it needs a lot of area to breathe & make a lot of power at high rpm.

if trueOverrev buys that BB77 kit it'll be the first 7T kit i'll be working on, it will only receive a clean up on the ports, no major tuning necessary, i feel these kits with their extra ports will make a lot of power, more power than he can actually use. he can't even make full use of that tuned Team 6T 70cc, what more from a 77cc 7T kit. the carters would only need a slight alteration for the new port layout, he just wants more power down the midrange for quicker acceleration & this is where the increased displacement come in handy.

TO when the scooter is up & running buy that Alpinestars 1pc suit & Arai RX7RR helmet, you'll be needing this when you ride your MHR Beta Ark version 2.0 when you come home to visit next year.

Im still waiting for a reply form Massimo Tedeschi about the other parts we need. My priority is our drag scooters. The beta beast can hibernate for awhile.

Thanks for all the input guys!

Im still waiting for a reply form Massimo Tedeschi about the other parts we need. My priority is our drag scooters. The beta beast can hibernate for awhile.

Thanks for all the input guys!

don't worry, i plan on reviving the Beta Ark by swapping out the rod85 Team crank with our rod80 Team crank so you can use a regular MHR piston, we'll use the rod85 Team crank on the Jog, if you order the BB77cc could you get a spacer for the cilinder as well (6T & 7T). i have something evil in mind since we can easily swap cilinder kits. hehehehe. :D

looks like we have to cancel the Malossi MHR77cc cylinder kit for now.

i just received an email for Massimo Tedeschi

2F4R 86cc Cylinder Kit and Pipe will be available hopefully by February 2009

That should be our focus my Friend.

But you can't use that on a original stroke, like yoou wanted.

that 2F4R 86cc kit & crank is not for the Beta Ark but a new engine we will build for drag racing. i will reuse the Team 6T 70cc for now & install a secondary radiator, that should keep him happy when he visits back next year.

looks like we have to cancel the Malossi MHR77cc cylinder kit for now.

i just received an email for Massimo Tedeschi

2F4R 86cc Cylinder Kit and Pipe will be available hopefully by February 2009

That should be our focus my Friend.
Sounds interesting. Do you have some info about the 86cc?

I wounder if this will be as successeful as the Top Alu 86cc for AM6. I think its early days to get any info on the kit, but if you have please post !

Regards

I wounder if this will be as successeful as the Top Alu 86cc for AM6. I think its early days to get any info on the kit, but if you have please post !

Regards

So far thats the only info that i have

that Cylinder Kit and pipe for 86cc will be ready sometime in February 2009,

Im hoping for the best.

the 78cc 2F4R was a MASSIVE SUCCESS!

im hoping it will be the same outcome!

knowing the reputation of MT & his engineering skills i think it will be very very good out of the box.

he won't make something that will tarnish his reputation just to make a quick buck.

Back