2fast4race

Can somebody tell me, how much is the compression ratio of the Piaggio 2fast kit. I read that the prototype had a 17,2:1 it's like a Diesel:)

So what type of fuel do you use for it?

I can try and messure it in Bar/PSI if you would like to know that?

For the running-in process, i'm using the Unleaded 95 octane (RON) + booster.
Oil is 2,5% Malossi 7.1 :)

/Swobber

is the 2f4r crank a titanium crank like the mhr team cranks?

what are the down fall of these kits???durability, bad nikasil, burns out other engine parts faster?what pipe is ideal for the cil?

lilplaya_bm said:
is the 2f4r crank a titanium crank like the mhr team cranks?

Only the 2fastRR crank has a titanium connection rod. See www.trteam.it

lilplaya_bm said:
what are the down fall of these kits???durability, bad nikasil, burns out other engine parts faster?what pipe is ideal for the cil?

Durability seems nice, like the Malossi cylinders. The Malossi team2004 pipe works excellent on the cylinder, gives loads of torque, but is not very high revving though.
Get a couple of spare belts, they'll wear like candies in your mouth.

Swobber said:

/Swobber

Swobber

Thanks! Yes, if you can measure that it will be very good!!

Joël said:
Only the 2fastRR crank has a titanium connection rod. See www.trteam.it

Durability seems nice, like the Malossi cylinders. The Malossi team2004 pipe works excellent on the cylinder, gives loads of torque, but is not very high revving though.
Get a couple of spare belts, they'll wear like candies in your mouth.
The DPR exhaust system that I have, should be working a lot better with the 2fast kit.

Where is the 2FastRR crank available at stores?
MUST have :D

/Swobber

that 17,5:1 compression ratio would require about 102 octane fuel

thats almost like a diesel engine which is 22:1

Swobber said:
My 2fast is made in okay quality (Not as good as my Speed 2003 kit was) - it should do some +20hp.

/Swobber

Are you telling that the Mhr Speed was better made than a 2Fast kit ? 'Cause if so, I find that really a bad thing of the maker of 2Fast kit.

Swobber said:

/Swobber
just divide your PSI answer by 14.2 to convert to a compression ratio

Eoin70 said:
that 17,5:1 compression ratio would require about 102 octane fuel

It is impossible for you to know. You can't use a "x:y=z" formula to convert volumetric compression ratio to octane number.

There are to many factors that can make a engine detonate.

Also are you speaking about a RON number, but the MON number must be used for 2 stroke engines.

900 euro's isn't that much compared to the piaggio 2f4r in shops which are aroud 850 euro's the exchange form euro to u.s. dollar is 1,25 for an euro so that is 900x0.8= 720euro's for the one off. that a scoop and a bargin at once that souds to good to be true.

Streetglow-fox said:
900 euro's isn't that much compared to the piaggio 2f4r in shops which are aroud 850 euro's the exchange form euro to u.s. dollar is 1,25 for an euro so that is 900x0.8= 720euro's for the one off. that a scoop and a bargin at once that souds to good to be true.

850 euro??

THe 2fast kit with the 2fast cranskhaft is 700 euro at Italy
ANd the 2fast kit with rr crankshaft (Titanium) is 800 euro

the porting looks really nice on the 2f4r and so do the cranks but if it is a stroker kit then it must be all power and no speed..and with a 17:1 compression ratio...i dont see how these cilinder kits would out perform a polini or mhr or mk race cilinder when it comes to higher speed..yes the 2f4r creats alot of hp but i think a mhr or evo cil with stick with it around a track and drag races...

if that porting of that cil was on a cilinder with a stroke the same as the evo and mhr then it would be "like money in the bank" because it would have alot of speed with a high hp aswell...

is it possible to get a 2f4r and shave the bottum of the cilinder and get a piston for it with the same stroke as the evo or mhr? that way it would be fast too...

i dont know it was jus some thought that i had and wanted to see what u guys thought...thanks!!!

stroker

It might make less rpms because of the added stroke however you could just suppliment the loss in rpms with a higher gear.

The rpms won't drop that drastically and the added HP would make up for the gear ratio increase and then some.

Don't forget your gonna loose power if you were to shave the cylinder because of less displacement and your gonna throw off the port timing of that cylinder because that cylinder is matched for that stroke not a shorter one.

smokin said:
It might make less rpms because of the added stroke however you could just suppliment the loss in rpms with a higher gear.

The rpms won't drop that drastically and the added HP would make up for the gear ratio increase and then some.

Don't forget your gonna loose power if you were to shave the cylinder because of less displacement and your gonna throw off the port timing of that cylinder because that cylinder is matched for that stroke not a shorter one.

if u sahve the bottum of the cilinder to lower the port timing u get more power at higher rpms. the longer the less power at high rpms...shaving the cilinder down and using a properly sized piston for the cilinder size and hight u have shave the cil to would give alot more rpms...a mhr team crankshaft should be durably enough for it....

that jus a little more detail in my thaughts...thanks

well i've heard through sources that in spain they fill in the engine casings and add a spacer but don't change the stroke jus put in a longer connecting rod. from what i know those bikes are ridiculiously fast have mad power and speed. By u shaving the bottom u increase compression which gives more power but it also gives more heat. However if u gear it right u can get more spped that way too so it jus depends on how u look at it i guess.

Back