2fast4race

why not just get a kundo 43mm crank that comes with a spacer plate and use whatever cylinder you like. create your own mini stroker.

what i am saying is strokers are bad for a bike that has to hit high speeds. stroker kits give less speed but more power... i dont want a stroker kit becasue i want to race on a drag race...therefor i need the maximum speed...

mhr team cranks are the best...my m8 wants to buy one were is the cheapest place to order...i would probably go threw best shipping to get it here, so the distributer does not have to be able to deliver over seas... thanks

Zip_Racer_7 said:
well i've heard through sources that in spain they fill in the engine casings and add a spacer but don't change the stroke jus put in a longer connecting rod. from what i know those bikes are ridiculiously fast have mad power and speed. By u shaving the bottom u increase compression which gives more power but it also gives more heat. However if u gear it right u can get more spped that way too so it jus depends on how u look at it i guess.
y do they add a spacer to there filled crankcase??? to gain rpms with the extra crankcase?? do u have a picture of a filled crankcase????

lilplaya_bm said:
also, changing your connecting rod is changing your stroke

The connection rod doesn't change the stroke!

However I don't think the Malossi crankshafts are the best, maybe the Team with Ti conrod, but it has an unreal price ~500 euro, and the conrod has a very short life!!

But the normal RHQ Malossi cranks are worse than the Polini EVO.

Browni said:
However I don't think the Malossi crankshafts are the best, maybe the Team with Ti conrod, but it has an unreal price ~500 euro, and the conrod has a very short life!!
What do you mean with the very short life of the Team crankshaft?

$aint said:
What do you mean with the very short life of the Team crankshaft?

Sorry I mean only the conrod not the whole crankshaft!

Ti conrod is softer than the steel, so the conrod bearings eats the conrod faster than the standard, unless you can make a bush for the bearings. And the Ti has a faster fatique too! You have to check very often your conrod. If I now well, it can bear half ot the time than a normal steel conrod. 1-1,5 season of racing maximum!

changing the conrod doesn't change the stroke unless u change the placement of the conrod itself on the crank. Sorry i don't have any pics of this i wish i did how ever. However by fillin in the extra space in the casing you increase crank case compression but it would make it almost impossible to start with out the spacer. So by placin the spacer u add enough space to releave some of the compression. This is how 125 gp engines are designed i believe. From what i've heard these scooters run at close to 18000 rpm at a constant rate which is remarkable to say the least.

Zip_Racer_7 said:
changing the conrod doesn't change the stroke unless u change the placement of the conrod itself on the crank. Sorry i don't have any pics of this i wish i did how ever. However by fillin in the extra space in the casing you increase crank case compression but it would make it almost impossible to start with out the spacer. So by placin the spacer u add enough space to releave some of the compression. This is how 125 gp engines are designed i believe. From what i've heard these scooters run at close to 18000 rpm at a constant rate which is remarkable to say the least.
i know exactly how this filling effect works because my crankcase is done the same ways but i have no spacer and it starts with one kick...although once had it filled i tried it out and it was to much compression to rev properly so i split the engine and dug it out a bit...the engines are not filled for crankcase compression but to achieve the best flow possible because the transfers are shaped at a straighter angle to have the least resistence possible....i have a fex gaskets to raise ports gaining rpms but no spacer required... the bike is fast as hell(i think it should rev a little more but i am using a evo2 pipe which are shit so once i get a new pipe and finish buying all the parts for my engine then i will fine tune the crankcase and the cilinder spacing...

i said changing your conrod changes your stroke meaning the place of it on your crank, not the size sorry for the bad explanation b4.....

lilplaya_bm said:
what i am saying is strokers are bad for a bike that has to hit high speeds. stroker kits give less speed but more power... i dont want a stroker kit becasue i want to race on a drag race...therefor i need the maximum speed...

Did you ever heard of gearing?

The 180 engines in UK are not high revving at all, but they run times in 12 sec. on 400 meter...

Power is the only factor that counts.

Joël said:
Did you ever heard of gearing?

The 180 engines in UK are not high revving at all, but they run times in 12 sec. on 400 meter...

Power is the only factor that counts.
that doesnt mean a damn thing m8...its a whole different bike... and is a 180 engine...power is not the only factor that counts any bike could have a 90cc kit with alot of power but no rpms... being ablt to and using your rpms correctly is the factor that counts... there was a typhoon 175cc bike at our track and a 70cc zip beat it...

yes power is needed but if you are racing 1/4 mile orso u can easily sacrifice a little bit of power for alot more speed that is why they make gear wheals...

dont kno wat u guys think or care(!) but my zip was stickin with every other bike in the drag with STOCK gear wheels.....what it lacked in speed it gained in take off...and when it was gettin tuned in it was losin to the 180 by about 1.5 to 2 bike lengths. i kno it needs a lil more speed but im sure that could be taken care of without the gear wheels i put it...but its a track bike and not a drag bike so i dun really care about how it performs in the drag anymore.

my opinion...u need all take off in the short drag that we have here...its only 1/8 mile so who needs all out speed? jus beat everyone off the line and they wont be able to catch u up....thas how i won all the races ACCELERATION and POWER

Chaps_Zip said:
dont kno wat u guys think or care(!) but my zip was stickin with every other bike in the drag with STOCK gear wheels.....what it lacked in speed it gained in take off...and when it was gettin tuned in it was losin to the 180 by about 1.5 to 2 bike lengths. i kno it needs a lil more speed but im sure that could be taken care of without the gear wheels i put it...but its a track bike and not a drag bike so i dun really care about how it performs in the drag anymore.

my opinion...u need all take off in the short drag that we have here...its only 1/8 mile so who needs all out speed? jus beat everyone off the line and they wont be able to catch u up....thas how i won all the races ACCELERATION and POWER
i think u really dont know what we are talkin about...i want to race mcgalls...i am gunna race the track but i will want to race mcgalls more often or botanicle garden stretch.......acceleration means nothing at mcgalls..

obvisouly power dont mean a thing off mcgals or botanical but u were goin on bout draggin down the track the other day...i was goin off that. u kept askin if u need plastics on ya bike to drag and if any1 would sponser a drag bike...and yes i do kno what um talkin bout.

and i think ya bike coulda used a bit more acceleration that night u raced kyles v....:)

actually if u really want the perfect bike u need a little bit of both. Acceleration and Speed once u get that then u have the perfect set up i had a scarabeo back in the day had no acceleration but all speed u can't really race anyone like that by the time u get up to speed the other person is long gone on the other hand if u have a long stretch or a hill (which makes the bike hit the peak faster ) u are S.O.L. when it comes to a longer race. However i agree with with u both that oin a short race all accel is a good thing u wnat to be the first one to hit the top speed not have the top speed and can never reach it. However for a race like mcgalls u don't need alot of accel but just enough so that when u actually begin to get on the powe r the person is not to far ahead to catch. And jus a little adviec if u guys are gonna do any racin please take it down the track for tyour own safety i hate to see a fellow race head on the front of the news paper gettin ready for a funeral.

Chaps_Zip said:
obvisouly power dont mean a thing off mcgals or botanical but u were goin on bout draggin down the track the other day...i was goin off that. u kept askin if u need plastics on ya bike to drag and if any1 would sponser a drag bike...and yes i do kno what um talkin bout.

and i think ya bike coulda used a bit more acceleration that night u raced kyles v....:)
i didnt say u didnt know what u are talkin bout i said what we are talkin bout..... and the night i raced kyles v80 we let him have his whole first gear as a head start(a pole to pole-n-half). we finished about three to four bike lengths behind him....jake was riding and he will tell u himself.....my tempo would eat the v80...when i raced a raidar 150cc we had a short stretch so we were only able to get to 100kph but i pulled right away and kept pulling from him....dont persume to know what my bike is capable of...u r one of the people who were not present and the ones who were dont even know about the start because they cant see it...thats how that bullshit rumour started...we would have raced again but the man came so we couldnt...be there when i race next time....

i kno i wernt there but from what i hear from ALOT of people that were there is that ur bike lost....end of story. i kno you gave him a head start or watever but same shit happened when my bike came off...we had a rollin start (my bike WAS set up for all take off) so what ever advantage i had was lost...and the guy who was ridin it his helmet nearly blew off so he had to let go of the gas and fix that...i aint makin no excuses cause my bike lost that race to a gay stupid centro but people dont care about the start or any other bullshit...they see the end of the race and thats all they care about. guys saw my bike lose and they said shit but whatever its just one race...and in that race i beat kyles v :) (knew ud wanna hear that!) um jus playin but ya dont give people head starts and make excuses when u lose...but i hope ya bike is ready I wanna see it come off against my bike or not.
safe

lilplaya_bm said:
that doesnt mean a damn thing m8...its a whole different bike... and is a 180 engine...power is not the only factor that counts any bike could have a 90cc kit with alot of power but no rpms... being ablt to and using your rpms correctly is the factor that counts... there was a typhoon 175cc bike at our track and a 70cc zip beat it...

yes power is needed but if you are racing 1/4 mile orso u can easily sacrifice a little bit of power for alot more speed that is why they make gear wheals...

What i'm trying to say is that 2 bikes with the same power but nr. 1 has toppower at 10000 rpm and nr 2 toppower at 15000 rpm they'll have exactly the same acceleration en topspeed if the gearing is set right.

Ofcourse, if they have the same gearing nr 2 will have a much higher topspeed, but with all the aftermarket gearing kits it should be no problem to adjust the gearing to the engine revs and top power.

Back