1st Scoot purchase

scoot

Hi, new to the scene. Am thinking of buying a scoot from moto Italia. Anyone heard or dealt with them. I don't want to be ripped off on my 1st scoot purchase ??

Secondly, Vespa or Lammy ?? ......will use it for work and pleasure!!!! Help me out you guys.

Last edited:
Advertisement - register to remove this

why Vespa, those are really expensive.

If i where you i would buy a piaggio zip 4 stroke. This scooter is not very expensive and it is a 4 stroke so it doesn't use a lot of fuel.

why Vespa, those are really expensive.

If i where you i would buy a piaggio zip 4 stroke. This scooter is not very expensive and it is a 4 stroke so it doesn't use a lot of fuel.

4 Stroke - no freakin way unless it's at least 200cc. Piaggio Zip 2T or Piaggio NRG DD would be really nice if you are wanting a Piaggio product.

scootertrog

when you ask Vespa or Lammy, are you looking at Vintage or modern?

If vintage, stick with the Vespa if it is your first scooter. Lambrettas are beautiful but they are less reliable and not as many parts easily obtained (and more expensive too). Go for a P series as they are the most common and easiest to work on. You probably dont want to rely on a vintage machine to get you to work everyday. For that get a newer PX, LML Star (Stella) or a Chetak if you want a geared scooter.

Modern twist and go? If in the US look at a Piaggio Zip 150, Vespa LX or GT(expensive), or Kymco B&W 150/250 or People 150, or Genuine Buddy 125 (PGO bubu). All reliable scooters that will get you to work and be able to keep up on public roads.

If you want to tinker and mod, then find a nice clean Minarelli powered 50cc and go to town with race bits :)

Back