Radiator

I have it. It says

1. Cilindro en aluminio Niquel+Silicio
2. Part number: HR4000221MR-2
3. Squish: 0,5-0,7mm
4. Spark Plug: B10EGV

I calle Hebo and the said that the piston is now silicone & it is 1mm shorter, everything else is pretty much the same. If you need anything else, please do not hesitate to ask.

Speed

Originally posted by Speed
I have it. It says

1. Cilindro en aluminio Niquel+Silicio
2. Part number: HR4000221MR-2
3. Squish: 0,5-0,7mm
4. Spark Plug: B10EGV

I calle Hebo and the said that the piston is now silicone & it is 1mm shorter, everything else is pretty much the same. If you need anything else, please do not hesitate to ask.

Speed

Thank you Speed!!!

I convert my Ovetto (Neo's) from AC EVO to Manston II LC, and I have a few question:

First. What thermostat do you use for alu high racing cylinders, cause the standard opens at aprox. 70 °C but it's not good for these cylinders. I want a 55-60 °C operating temperature. Or you dont' use thermostat?

I thing I 'll use a gokart thermostat cause it starts to open at 45 °C and it's fully open at 55 °C.

Suggestion?

My other question: I used Dell'Orto PHBG 21 mm carb. for my EVO70 and I was very satisfied with it, now I can buy a 3 jet 24 mm Tryton (like JHC) cart carb. What do you think which will be goog for street/and power. Another alternative is Oko 28 mm carb!

And here is my new CRG cart radiator: it's total dimension (without cap) 19.8x35.3x4.3 (width x height x depth)

rad1.jpg

rad2.jpg

Last edited:
Hey!! Where are you guys? There are a lot of people on this forum who use full race setup, so please answer me the thermostat question!!

I know on racing ZIP-s they do not mount the thermostat. This is ok if the bike is used for racing, because almost all of the race the engine is at full power, so the temperature is more or less constant.
Personally, on a scoot racing tuned for road use, I would mount a thermostat that keeps the temperature around 60°C. Temperature fluctuations surely ain't good.
Does that gokart thermostat fit on scooters?

Originally posted by roost_gnn
I know on racing ZIP-s they do not mount the thermostat. This is ok if the bike is used for racing, because almost all of the race the engine is at full power, so the temperature is more or less constant.
Personally, on a scoot racing tuned for road use, I would mount a thermostat that keeps the temperature around 60°C. Temperature fluctuations surely ain't good.
Does that gokart thermostat fit on scooters?

Thank you your answer!

The gokart thermostat is a separated part, you can connect it to the pipe (if you cut asunder it somewhere). My problem is with the standard is that it opens at high temperature (I wrote it above) however the gokart thermo is very expensive. If you suggest me the standard thermostat I accept your advice:) Do you know someone who uses standard thermostat for his racing engine. How much is the operating temeperature with standard thermo? I don't think it can hold the 60 °C with standard..

On the other hand all of the racing cylinder heads has the place for the standard thermostat, it's very starnge |(|(

Here is a gokart thermostat

Last edited:
No, don't mount the stock thermostat. I think they open at too high temp. Racing cylinders are made (tollerances) to run at lower temps because an cooler engine makes higher power.
I guess it is possible to modify the stock thermostat so it would open at lower temp (softer spring?).

Don't mount the gokart thermostat too if it doesn't fit in the place where the original does, because it has to be as closer to the cylinder as possible. Well, don't know how an gokart thermostat works.

No, don't mount the stock thermostat. I think they open at too high temp. Racing cylinders are made (tollerances) to run at lower temps because an cooler engine makes higher power.
I guess it is possible to modify the stock thermostat so it would open at lower temp (softer spring?).

Don't mount the gokart thermostat too if it doesn't fit in the place where the original does, because it has to be as closer to the cylinder as possible. Well, don't know how an gokart thermostat works.

No we tried to modify the stock thermostat, you can only adjust higher temperature, cause it's structure.. the different spring tension didn't help!

"Don't mount the gokart thermostat too if it doesn't fit in the place where the original does, because it has to be as closer to the cylinder as possible. "

Why it is problem, have you ever learned autotechnology? (cause I can't explain very well in english:):) So if you know these parts, I have easy job..

The gokart and the scooter thermostat is approximately the same, they have a little valve in it. There is special fluid in the valve it expands or compresses it depends on the temperature. If the valve is close (not fully), there is no circulation, if it's open there is circulation. It doesn't matter where the thermostat is!

Last edited:
Yes, I know how the thermostat works.:)
But if you mount the thermostat far away from the cylinder, it wont respond quickly to a sharp rise of cylinder temperature. I guess you know what this means...

But if you mount the thermostat far away from the cylinder, it wont respond quickly to a sharp rise of cylinder temperature. I guess you know what this means...

But I can fit it near to the head, it's not to much differences (approx. 7-8 cm)! And this method works for gokarts too!

Originally posted by Browni
But I can fit it near to the head, it's not to much differences (approx. 7-8 cm)! And this method works for gokarts too!

I'll test my bike without thermostat anf if id doesn't wortk well I try the thermostat.

You know that the scooters have one-circuit cooling system (cars has two circuits), I think this is not very good, because when the thermostat is closed, -and the water pump works continuously-, you loose a lot of performance, and the pump works against the stationary water. These pumps work with "gap loss" /I don't know the correct english name/. So I'll buy a special gokart thermostat with 2-circuits. Here is the picture: this is a CRG product:

4.jpg

Last edited:
Browni out here in hawaii we run electric water pumps on our bikes without a thermostat. as long as the bike is moving you wont have to worry about over heating. look at a dirtbike, they dont have thermostats on them and they work fine in all types of weather hot or cold. i dont see how you can run a thermostat on you scooter when the waterpumps just keeps pumping, where does the water go if the thermostat is closed.

Standard scooter has one-circuit cooling system and has a thermostat too. And how can it works? The scooters water pump has a big loss, because between the pump house and the impeller there is a big gap, while the thermostat closes it can rotates too (and there is no water flow)! But I would like to use a two-circuit system like cars and some gokarts has.

I would like to use my bike on street, so I think I need a thermostat, cause I don't use my bike always at full-throttle.

Last edited:
Browni what brand of waterpump are you using. you can use the electric waterpump and it wont rob your engine of power. on the electric pump you can also turn it on and off with a toggle switch when the temp raises from being at a stop for too long. i have a honda elite with a 121 stroker motor that is watercooled and it just let the electic pump stay on and the bike never over heats.

Originally posted by Rydah1
Browni what brand of waterpump are you using. you can use the electric waterpump and it wont rob your engine of power. on the electric pump you can also turn it on and off with a toggle switch when the temp raises from being at a stop for too long. i have a honda elite with a 121 stroker motor that is watercooled and it just let the electic pump stay on and the bike never over heats.

Yes the electric pump is the best choice, but I have a standard minarelli mechanical pump, it was very cheap..

Back