Gurra's Rox (Swedish)

Gurra

Hi scootertuners! Now I am finally posting my project here. I bought my first aerox last summer, and custom built it under the winter. Nothing special enginewise, just a Polini Sport etc. Here is a picture of it:

DSC02212.jpg

Just recently I stumbled across a very cheap rox in a very bad condition. After som discussion I bought it for 200 Euros :) The plan is to paint the bodywork militarygreen, with a bit of polishing. It will also be fit with a nice midrace setup. Anyway, to the pictures:

DSC02256.JPG

DSC02257.JPG

DSC02259.JPG

DSC02260.JPG

DSC02261.JPG

DSC02262.jpg

Ouch:
DSC02294.jpg

DSC02298.jpg

The Engine block:
DSC02356.jpg

DSC02359.jpg

DSC02362.jpg

The polished fork and rims, and the painted frame:
DSC02673.jpg

DSC02674.jpg

Check back for updates ;)

Advertisement - register to remove this

New Tyres :W looks nice man.. Could you tell us more about the optical part .. any Photoshop design .. Parts you gonna Use BCD TNT or all Custom made by yourself?
And could you tell us a bit more about the midrace setup?
Setup specs..

goodluck :)

Thx. Ok, so, the rox at the top is somewhat finished. It has a custom fixed handlebar with parts from the local bikeshop, BCD undertail, TNT twinlights, TNT Riser, and a chrome fueltank lid (name?) Anyway, the rear bodywork is completly custom built by me, and that took a lot of time ;) Some history:

DSC00288.JPG

DSC00664.jpg

DSC00689.jpg

DSC00774.jpg

DSC01965.jpg

DSC02071.jpg

DSC02121.jpg

My customized bodywork :p
DSC02142.jpg

DSC02215.jpg

At the meet in GBG:
IMG_5732copy.jpg

dsc022422kv.jpg

After I finished fixing the rear cut (it wasnt completely finished) I will let a professional paint the bodywork. Anyway, thats my first rox, and now to the new one. The setup is going to be:

Hebo Manston Replica
TP Nardo
Dellorto 21mm
Doppler Endurance Crank
Polini Speedcontrol
VL12 Reeds (cage?)
Malossi Flyclutch
Stage6 Airfilter
Hebo Kevlarbelt

I already have the TP Nardo on the way home to me. (S-A has sent it now :)) Considering the bodywork on it, I will get the Keisler undertail, and the TNT monoseat. I will probably do some own modifications on the fairingparts, but you will get to see that later ;)

//Gurra

Last edited:
damn .... this is awsome aerox ;) very very good work ... I also looking for sam bad condition rox, zip sp, stalker, runner or something good for wheelis :D

@ R5 Man: Zijn vorige Rox die hij heeft gemodificeerd was die bordeaux rode met zilvere Rox. Die Rox die je ziet in de 2e post en die er zeer slecht aan toe is word zijn 2e Rox die hij modificeert en die word dus Legergroen.

@ Gurra: If your new Rox becomes as nice as your first Rox I think it would be a real nice one.

Keep up the good work!

Thx for the comments :) Although I dont understand dutch, I assume he told you (R5 man) that the red one is my first rox, and the other one is what the thread is about. (The actual project). Now I messed it up :p Hope you all understand.

Gurra said:
Thx for the comments :) Although I dont understand dutch, I assume he told you (R5 man) that the red one is my first rox, and the other one is what the thread is about. (The actual project). Now I messed it up :p Hope you all understand.

you translates his sentence right.. he did tell him that the red one was your first.. en this thread is about the army green one..

On-topic

looks very nice.. your rear body panals mounted together with firbreglas looks real good.. but isn't it a pain to get them on, without cracking your polyester filler?

I looks to me that you have to bend your body out quite a bit, in order to get them on..

Well thats somewhat true, Ive reinforced the whole interior with fibreglass, så its pretty sturdy. Also, Ive customized the frame a bit, so it glides on better. But I dont worry about it cracking anymore, since Ive mounted it and dismounted it several times, and its never cracked. Also, Ive found out that its easier to mount the body on the seatcompartment and then mount both together on the frame. This way the compartment holds both sides of the body together.

Finally an update! I havent been working on it a lot under the winter, my interest wasn't very high, but now Im up to work again, and here are som fresh pics.

The rearcut finished:
Bakkpan1.jpg

The Army Green color:
Fram.jpg

Some polish:
Bromsvtskebehllaren.jpg

The frame @ new paint:
Ramen1.jpg

The MHR Replica:
MHRReplican3.jpg

MHRReplican2.jpg

RMS Crank: