Gilera Runner 209 ccm Quattro valve

Hey! I have problem, I bought a malossi cdi without immobilaiser but my scooter have immobilaiser, and it doesn't work. I have read in this topic, that i need to change three contacts but i don't know witch

Hey! I have problem, I bought a malossi cdi without immobilaiser but my scooter have immobilaiser, and it doesn't work. I have read in this topic, that i need to change three contacts but i don't know witch

Not knowing where you have read what.
The Malossi CDI removes the original immobiliser, but the warning light remains.
Mine was just bolt on.

Not knowing where you have read what.
The Malossi CDI removes the original immobiliser, but the warning light remains.
Mine was just bolt on.
There are two different cdi from malossi. For scooters with and without immobilaiser. I want to turn off the immobilaiser- it's the reason i bought cdi without immobilaiser

Ahh, now I have read you post correctly.

You should have bought the CDI for engines WITH immobiliser. That would have been the correct CDI for you to buy. The one without immobiliser doesn't fit your system.

@ Dimazzz_RUS

you need to change the 3 cables from the plug at the wiring loom.

Remove the RED and YELLOW Cable and put the GREEN to the place where the YELLOW was. This is how you can use a CDI w/o immobiliser on Runner VX/VXR.

I use also a Malossi CDI w/o immobiliser on my runner because i got it cheap at eBay.

@ Dimazzz_RUS

you need to change the 3 cables from the plug at the wiring loom.

Remove the RED and YELLOW Cable and put the GREEN to the place where the YELLOW was. This is how you can use a CDI w/o immobiliser on Runner VX/VXR.

I use also a Malossi CDI w/o immobiliser on my runner because i got it cheap at eBay.
Thanks a lot for your answer!!!

Thanks a lot for your answer!!!

For sure! Now I know that as well.

P.S.
Had som minor engine failure remember.

Well now things are beginning to look good.
823210_l.jpg

Notice the white camchain guide. That is to short for this kit :-( So I couldt partecipate as planned to the meeting that there was this weekend.

Mmm Nice and BIIG 75 x 63 mm with a Top performances ø 47 mm piston as referance:
823218_l.jpg

Tuned head (with shadow inside)
Exhaust:
827571_l.jpg

Intake:
827567_l.jpg

I admit it could have been better. But frankly, if it works it works, who cares if it doesn't look super nice.

Nice I just need a long enough cam chain guide, hopefully I can get it going this week and dynoed next weekend:
This is what it looks like when the guide is too short: 8P
827573_l.jpg

Hey kubler mate ;) hahaha

well my transmission failed due....?¿? power?¿?
the fixed poulie(i think it's called like that) broke :S

77923884.jpg

77923885.jpg

so now i'm looking fot a new one, guess the malossi will be my first choice.

but is there a large difference in performance or strength between the 125 4t version and the 200 4t version?

01056111656_zoom.jpg

01056112563_zoom.jpg

astraopc, i think that part is called "sliding sheave" or "torque driver" (as malossi calls it) if i'm not wrong.
anyway i've never seen such a kind of failure of this part, really strange!

the two photos that you've posted i think are two different model of malossi torque driver: the first one should be code 6111656 for old type runner 200cc (before 2002) and all 125cc, the second one code 6112653 for newer ones 200cc (from 2003 onward) and all 250-300cc.

so i think the torque driver was the same on 125 and 200cc models till 2002, then from 2003 they've used different model.

is it possible that your one (125cc type) installed on a 300cc has failed because of too much torque? ;)

i've looked @t the blue prints and bearings and sealings are the same meassurements.

so i ordered the 200/250/300 torque driver:D
my only concern is, will it match the 125 malossi vario.....

will keep you guys updated

I also will have my new sbk exhaust thiss week, so i'll make a pic

gigio tnx for your reply

nice nice velo,

i'm very curious @t your power output.
and which roller your gonna use.
I was gaining some hp with heavier rollers, and got 16gr in mine now with approx 8700rpm
post some photo's of your first ride :)
i'm now waiting for the exhaust and the torque driver

nice nice velo,

i'm very curious @t your power output.
and which roller your gonna use.
I was gaining some hp with heavier rollers, and got 16gr in mine now with approx 8700rpm
post some photo's of your first ride :)
i'm now waiting for the exhaust and the torque driver

I am allso very corious.
How much power did your bike produce?

I am allso very corious.
How much power did your bike produce?

Dynoday is over and it ended with 26,94 bhp in the rear wheel
Plan is to find a bigger carb now.

Allso I am wondering of my cam was the best for the job.
I used the Malossi Cam today, and grunt and power is quite nice, But I wouldn't mind if I could hit the 30 BHP mark.

Advises are very velcome.

i think that the only thing is left for a good power output, is a good camshaft.
the malossi camshaft is not that good in my opinion, so i think that there can be an improvement maybe.

I was wondering.
Which cam do you think is the optimal for the Kübler kit?
The Malossi cam gives good performance and I don't think that the stock 182 ccm cam is better, though I haven't tried.

Now with dyno chart:
23053.jpg

Last edited:
Can someone tell me if there is a spacer before you put variator (malossi multivar) on crankshaft of gilera runner 200vxr? A spacer between engine block and variator?

I know that was alot said about difference between malossi multivar and polini with 12 rollers but I still don't know which one to choose?

thanks 4 answer

Can someone tell me if there is a spacer before you put variator (malossi multivar) on crankshaft of gilera runner 200vxr? A spacer between engine block and variator?

I know that was alot said about difference between malossi multivar and polini with 12 rollers but I still don't know which one to choose?

thanks 4 answer

I haven't used spacers on ither vario's.
I find it hard to belive that others might need it.

Back