Gilera Runner 209 ccm Quattro valve

Hi all,

I have installed a full malossi set up on my carnaby 125cc (Head, cam, cylinder). However I am having an issue with the coolant hose on the head blowing off. I am fairly sure there are no blockages, and the water pump is working fine. In addition I purged the air out of the system each time I replaced coolant. Could the thermostat be broken ? I noticed that I have a slight leak due to a broken rubber seal on on the water pump cover would this be the source of the problem? I am going to replace the seal tomorrow.

Hi all,

I have installed a full malossi set up on my carnaby 125cc (Head, cam, cylinder). However I am having an issue with the coolant hose on the head blowing off. I am fairly sure there are no blockages, and the water pump is working fine. In addition I purged the air out of the system each time I replaced coolant. Could the thermostat be broken ? I noticed that I have a slight leak due to a broken rubber seal on on the water pump cover would this be the source of the problem? I am going to replace the seal tomorrow.

Hoses blowing off could be because of a blown head gasket allowing air pressure to build up outside the combustion chamber.

I think i have found what the issue is with the blow off - there are four rubber o rings with the malossi gaskets - where do these go?

it's normal when the engine gets hot that there's a higher pressure in your coolant system. BUT the coolcap (the one which you fill your coolant) should have a over pressure safety build in. That when your pressure in the collant system get's to high, it will leak out at your coolantCAP (don't know the right word). so first try a new cap, got mine also replaced because mine was leak, due pulling it 2 hard

again, GOOD LUCK :D

Hi guys thanks for the help. I got the 4 orings on and noticed that the coolant hose that connects to the head was damaged in the inside causing it to slip off. I changed the hose and all is well. I can't believe the difference the full malossi set up makes. I love the acceleration. Thanks guys.

Hi guys thanks for the help. I got the 4 orings on and noticed that the coolant hose that connects to the head was damaged in the inside causing it to slip off. I changed the hose and all is well. I can't believe the difference the full malossi set up makes. I love the acceleration. Thanks guys.

Now I have to figure out how to get the bike licensed making all the additional power without a complete disassembly. LoL

everybody got killed or what ?

i still haven't got any new pic's or what cause i'm kinda busy @t my new home :D

but velo, chriss and allllllllllllll the others!!!!

how are you these days ?

Scorp I would not be able to tell you about any improvement or not. But It performed very well on my Runner.

P.s. Some pictures from this year:
Track:
882819_l.jpg

882821_l.jpg

Sprint: (Notice the front mounted driver 8P )
882817_l.jpg

And of course. Roling burnout:
882813_l.jpg

882811_l.jpg

882814_l.jpg

882811_l.jpg

882815_l.jpg

Nice pics.

I have a question - My standard carburetor on my piaggio carnaby 125 has broken as per mechanic (piaggio). I am thinking about purchasing the malossi carb kit for the bike as i have the cylinder and head already. Does the malossi kit work with the air box and fit under the seat? Do you have any suggestions for carbs that will fir under the seat and work well with the standard air box?

thanks

Nice pics.

I have a question - My standard carburetor on my piaggio carnaby 125 has broken as per mechanic (piaggio). I am thinking about purchasing the malossi carb kit for the bike as i have the cylinder and head already. Does the malossi kit work with the air box and fit under the seat? Do you have any suggestions for carbs that will fir under the seat and work well with the standard air box?

thanks

I don't know about the Carnaby.
But there isn't room for the Malossi Karbkit under seat in the Runner.
But it should be possible to fit the stock Airbox with just minor modifications.

Velo what I've seen in the photographs have Serial central selenium. If you exhaust branches hitting the rack at the machine brake. The reason is Kubler cylinder kit is bigger and I know everything. I've had to make a full central selenium normal vibrations are disasters all falls apart on a scooter.
Do you have a suggestion, I think that on the front of the selenium treated Teflon insert a piece that will give the machine to go forward and will give her to go up and down to kill the vibrations while standing on a scooter or a place to ride.

Velo what I've seen in the photographs have Serial central selenium. If you exhaust branches hitting the rack at the machine brake. The reason is Kubler cylinder kit is bigger and I know everything. I've had to make a full central selenium normal vibrations are disasters all falls apart on a scooter.
Do you have a suggestion, I think that on the front of the selenium treated Teflon insert a piece that will give the machine to go forward and will give her to go up and down to kill the vibrations while standing on a scooter or a place to ride.

Not understood!

The Power and Topspeed is allmost the same.
But the Pull and acceleration is much more brutal.

Back