Flatside Carbs...

Dante'sZIP

Team SBR
I'm looking for a 19 - 21mm flatside carb, can anyone show me where i can get one, also with a vacuum feed on it? It can be any brand as long as it is a flatside...

Last edited:
Advertisement - register to remove this

I thinke 24 is the smallest for a flatslide with a needle. The dellotop SHB carb has a flat slide but is very low tech and the idle circuit cloggs to easily. They come on old vespa smallframes and have no needle and surely no vacuum feeds. Why is flatslide so important?

Well i was told you can tune them in better for racing, unlike the dellotro's, but I just want to find a good racing carb that I can tune in extensively, and only a 19 or up to a 21mm, do you know of any (with a vacuum feed)?

brookespeed said:
I thinke 24 is the smallest for a flatslide with a needle. The dellotop SHB carb has a flat slide but is very low tech and the idle circuit cloggs to easily. They come on old vespa smallframes and have no needle and surely no vacuum feeds. Why is flatslide so important?

Don't think that there are flatside carbs under 24mm. However, Stage6 sells D-slide carbs of 21mm. Maybe you can use one of those?

emo said:
there's a 21mm D-slide carb made by OKO!!!...
Do you sell those to? :p

Are they any better than those from Stage6, because they miss the finishing thouch if you know what I mean.

dante: they are selling the d-slide 21mm, 24mm, 28mm,32mm carbs at serpentine liquores...they are oko carbs...i bought a 24mm carb from there and made a manifold to face forward...i didnt like how it worked with the manifold...i prefered the dellortho black edition 21mm with polini small manifold..but if i can get a manifold to fit the 24mm oko carb then i would use it...y do u want to use a small carb(19-21)????y not use a makuni 24mm flatslide??? they are really nice carb and gives more throttle response then 21mm carb and can still be fine tuned...

Thing is that me and my bredrin will soon be racing down Southside St.David's, so we are looking for a 19-21 that can be finely tuned while giving us as much acceleration as possible with a decent top speed, cause you know how small the track is, a bigger carb would not get the bike up fast enough, even if the top speed will be better, we need acceleration...

lilplaya_bm said:
dante: they are selling the d-slide 21mm, 24mm, 28mm,32mm carbs at serpentine liquores...they are oko carbs...i bought a 24mm carb from there and made a manifold to face forward...i didnt like how it worked with the manifold...i prefered the dellortho black edition 21mm with polini small manifold..but if i can get a manifold to fit the 24mm oko carb then i would use it...y do u want to use a small carb(19-21)????y not use a makuni 24mm flatslide??? they are really nice carb and gives more throttle response then 21mm carb and can still be fine tuned...

Dante'sZIP said:
Thing is that me and my bredrin will soon be racing down Southside St.David's, so we are looking for a 19-21 that can be finely tuned while giving us as much acceleration as possible with a decent top speed, cause you know how small the track is, a bigger carb would not get the bike up fast enough, even if the top speed will be better, we need acceleration...
the 24mm d-slide will still give alot of acceleration( maybe not asmuch as 21mm but the speed out of it will be better)...the d-slide carb is a best of both worlds carb, meaning it has have flat and half round(hence the name D-slide)...very nice carbs....the 21mm will also be great...

Back