Evo air cooled/ carbs

SMC that filter should just bolt right on, it angles down right after its bolted on. it looks like a 45 kick so the frame shouldnt be in the way on my bike.

Originally posted by smc/polini
Sweet! I think you will very happy with how it works out. Will you be jetting it yourself? Let me know how it turns out.

Yes, I'll try to jet the carb myself. I'm also looking forward to get the last pieces, and getting the machine started up.

- Neser

Originally posted by Browni
Buy the Malossi racing intake Manifold, it is straight!

Sorry about the confusion, I was reffering to trying to fit a filter on my carb. My carb sticks out to far that the frame is right in front of it so I can't get a filter on it.

Sorry about the confusion, I was reffering to trying to fit a filter on my carb. My carb sticks out to far that the frame is right in front of it so I can't get a filter on it.

If I am right you have a Minarelli horizontal engine so your intake manifold pointed to the left side of your scooter (your carb. is next to your cylinder):
mikunistutzengross.jpg

But I am talking about the Malossi intake manifold it's straight (so your carb. is above your cylinder)

mhrstutzengross.jpg

Last edited:
Rydah- I thought about cutting the floorboard but I've already cut other panels for other custom fitting stuff so I don't want to cut if I can help it. I want to keep it looking as close to factory as I can. Sleeper style :)

Browni- thanks for the photos, I might try that manifold. But will my carb work when its angles up with that manifold?

I will try and borrow a digital camera and take some pictures so I can show you how my manifold and carb looks. Also I will be able to update my scooterbase pics as they are a year old and the bike looks much better now.

Thanks for the ideas guys!

"my carb work when its angles up with that manifold?"

Oh shit I can't find my Dell'Orto manual, but there is maximal angle for these carbs, maybe 45 degree.. But Malossi designs this manifold for PHBG 15-21 mm and PHVB 22-25 mm carbs..

Last edited:
Opps sorry I said the wrong model, its the PHBL 25mm
I have a picture of it in my scooter base now.

Your Koso computer is cool! What is the other 2 instruments?

So if you use the Malossi intake manifold your airfilter will be at the center hole and it can breath more air too:)

Your Koso computer is cool! What is the other 2 instruments?

So if you use the Malossi intake manifold your airfilter will be at the center hole and it can breath more air too:)

thanks! The small rectangle shaped thing was my tach and hour meter, but now i have the koso computer. I just never bothered to take off the old tach yet. The other thing is my cylinder head temp gauge made by westach. I love the koso computer though, and its easy to see at night backlit lcd.

thanks! The small rectangle shaped thing was my tach and hour meter, but now i have the koso computer. I just never bothered to take off the old tach yet. The other thing is my cylinder head temp gauge made by westach. I love the koso computer though, and its easy to see at night backlit lcd.

But the Malossi intake manifold has a disadvantage: you can't adjust your carb. easily! :'(

But the Malossi intake manifold has a disadvantage: you can't adjust your carb. easily! :'(

So are you saying the malossi manifold will point the carb towards the front of the bike? or towards the back?

So are you saying the malossi manifold will point the carb towards the front of the bike? or towards the back?

You have the choice what is good for you, the easiest way is towards to the front cause it's very simple maybe you need to lift (or cut out) your helmet holder, but it's not 100% cause it depends from the model type too.

But if you lead the intake manifold to the back, there is a bigger problem, you need to change the subframe, cause the block's axle is a barrier for the carb. ->

Here is the other topic I don't undersatand:):) but you can see the pictures:)

http://forum.scooterforum.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=51023

This text is from the Malossi catalogue:

ATTENTION: in order to use the MHR manifolds it is necessary to do some modification to close plastics

Last edited:
Back