Best mid race cyl.

Mr.Aerox

mhr r0x!
hi,
i was going to get an evo or mhr team, but i realized that it will have alot of maintainence and all that $h!t... so... ive decided for now that i will go for a mid race cylinder, ok guys could you suggest me a really good mid race cyl?

thanks guys !

Advertisement - register to remove this

oh ok thanks, just saw the movie on Xaniz with his TPR 70 cc, really convinces me, really nice. mayb im getting that one. what exhaust? c16 ?

The Topperformances TPR and Stage 6 Racing and Athena evo! Have got the same porting and everything! But Xaniz has got his TPR slightly tuned. The exhaust port is wider and a bit higher and some small modifications made by a friend of us!

After all you can buy a stage 6 racing cheaper and with same performance untuned!

But watch out! When you buy a upper midrace cylinder you might need to change youre Ignition. After all it becoms very expensive.

Hope you got a little bit wiser :).

//Zmod

Zmod said:
The Topperformances TPR and Stage 6 Racing and Athena evo! Have got the same porting and everything! But Xaniz has got his TPR slightly tuned. The exhaust port is wider and a bit higher and some small modifications made by a friend of us!

After all you can buy a stage 6 racing cheaper and with same performance untuned!

But watch out! When you buy a upper midrace cylinder you might need to change youre Ignition. After all it becoms very expensive.

Hope you got a little bit wiser :).

//Zmod

He is changing his ignition after all, so the TP due Plus is good?

butch-182 said:
He is changing his ignition after all, so the TP due Plus is good?

TP Due plus is also a good cylinder but it does not deliver as much power and a ignition change is just waste of money IMO.

But a Topperformances TPR/Stage 6 Racing delivers more power then a Due plus and needs more maintance.

Zmod said:
TP Due plus is also a good cylinder but it does not deliver as much power and a ignition change is just waste of money IMO.

But a Topperformances TPR/Stage 6 Racing delivers more power then a Due plus and needs more maintance.
Exactly how much maintanance?

butch-182 said:
Exactly how much maintanance?

BTW! I want to make things crystal clear! So im making a list of what you must or is recommended to change! When

Cylinder: TP Due plus / Malossi MHR Replica
Carburetor: 17.5mm at least and you got know how to tune it of course!
Crankshaft: Recommended to change!
Maintance: Piston change about every 600-1200 miles.
Of course its good to know how to tune your variator and clutch else it wont run any good!

Cylinder: Stage 6 racing / Topperformances TPR
Carburetor: 19mm at least and its importnant you know how to tune youre carburator propertly or else your cylinder wont run for a long time!
Crankshaft: Must change IMO.
Ignition: Orginal will do fine some times and some times not! Differs from engine to engine. If original don't work change else runon original.
Clutch, variator: You got to know how to set it up else it wont run any good.
Maintance: Ring change every 200 miles and piston when you see its done.

Depends on what cilinder you want ;)

Gianelli shot will do great on Due+ and MHR-rep. Yasuni C16/20, Stage6 R1200, etc will do fine on midrace cilinders.

Zmod said:
BTW! I want to make things crystal clear! So im making a list of what you must or is recommended to change! When

Cylinder: TP Due plus / Malossi MHR Replica
Carburetor: 17.5mm at least and you got know how to tune it of course!
Crankshaft: Recommended to change!
Maintance: Piston change about every 600-1200 miles.
Of course its good to know how to tune your variator and clutch else it wont run any good!

Cylinder: Stage 6 racing / Topperformances TPR
Carburetor: 19mm at least and its importnant you know how to tune youre carburator propertly or else your cylinder wont run for a long time!
Crankshaft: Must change IMO.
Ignition: Orginal will do fine some times and some times not! Differs from engine to engine. If original don't work change else runon original.
Clutch, variator: You got to know how to set it up else it wont run any good.
Maintance: Ring change every 200 miles and piston when you see its done.

Thanks for making it clear, but i didnt mean to sound so dumb,i am replacing everything from bearings to crankshaft to vario etc, everything! Thanks for your help also :)

DME3 said:
Depends on what cilinder you want

Gianelli shot will do great on Due+ and MHR-rep. Yasuni C16/20, Stage6 R1200, etc will do fine on midrace cilinders.

How about the cantillana racing 70 for mid races? Isnt it a c16 or c20 copy ( debateable yes i know.. )

butch-182 said:
How about the cantillana racing 70 for mid races? Isnt it a c16 or c20 copy ( debateable yes i know.. )
Don't know anything about those exhausts, never heard of them actualy :)

manston rep? MHR rep? TPR? Stage 6 racing? What would you say will deliver enough power to power wheelie, or just be able to wheelie on, also, how oftem would the piston need replacing in the TPR and STAGE6 racing cylinders?

Im going for rhq crank stage6 or tpr cyl, 21mm oko carb, c16 or c20 rep, hpi ignition etc.. Does that sound about right?

wot is the italkit like? seems like good value for money cums with basre gaskets e.t.c
acording to the scooter attck catologe it like 10-13.5hp for £70 to good to b true??

Back