Best tuning set for Piaggio NRG mc2

-=RedLine=-

Experienced driver
Hi,
I want to easy tune my Piaggio NRG mc2 that I have for a couple years)

All that I have now is Cylinder Polini 70cc Sport.

What can I change without big investments and without loss of a resource of details?

The main goal is the most permanent capacity on any RPM. The maximum speed isn't important, 100 km/h will enough. Accelerate to 0~80 km/h should be quick and can be slowly further.

I read a lot of forums around the world and collect the details that I can to buy. Please correct it!

1. Exhaust system
I have some variants: LeoVince ZX (ZX-R), Hebo New Performer, Yasuni R and Z.
Yasuni R is the best one (by the comments) but do I need to pay extra 30-55 euro with my config for it or don't worth it?
P.S. It will be better if the sound maximum lower like a moto

2. Clutch
Hebo Clutch R or Malossi Fly Clutch. But some people recommend me to save my stock clutch. But my clutch pads were a little erased on corners.

3. Variator
I wanted Malossi Multivar 2000 but a lot of people said that stock NRG variator has the better quality. Even that I need is change vario rollers because the stock one is not optimal.
So do I need to change it?

4. Carburettor
I wanted 17.5mm Dellorto but some guys said me that maybe I have the same one in the stock at my NRG mc2. Can I identify it without removal?

5. Air Filter
Air filter inserts Malossi Sport Red. Or It will be much better to change all intake system?

I read about the bearings but don't know for what I can change it.

What can I change else that don't need a lot of investments and give me the big advantages.

I'll be very grateful for any help.

P.S. I'm gonna remove all stuff throttles. I've got that I have 4 places. And will remove from my future exhaust system.

Advertisement - register to remove this

1. Exhaust system : Don't save your money here! it will increase your engines Hp dramatically.. Yasuni R, Technigas RS70 , Polini For Race
Are my Recommendations!

2.Clutch:Buy an original .. if a race variant per se.. The Hebo or Stage6 , Malossi DELTA clutch but not the Fly clutch!!
My Recommendation Save your money here!

3. Variator: Polini Speedcontrol, Powerone, Malossi gives you a little smoother ride
Not Necessary per se..In any case Get new Rollers !

4. Carburettor: It's writen on the side of your carburettor 12,5 or 17,5mm, if the 12,5 version is used, i recommend to install a 17,5mm

5. Airfilter:Just keep it stock!

My tip: Spend a little more money on different kind of clutchsprings, Rollers and Jets!So the necessary adjustments can be made! Save on the clutch , airfilter, and if necessary variator.. Good luck!

Yasuni R will be okay. Yasuni Z and Leovince ZX are terrible.

12mm is okay. 17,5mm is a little better.

Clutch is not neccesary, save money.

Variator by piaggio original is not bad. Save money

Airfilter KEEP ORIGINAL! Save a lot of trouble (also money)

1. Exhaust system : Don't save your money here! it will increase your engines Hp dramatically.. Yasuni R, Technigas RS70 , Polini For Race
Are my Recommendations!

2.Clutch:Buy an original .. if a race variant per se.. The Hebo or Stage6 , Malossi DELTA clutch but not the Fly clutch!!
My Recommendation Save your money here!

3. Variator: Polini Speedcontrol, Powerone, Malossi gives you a little smoother ride
Not Necessary per se..In any case Get new Rollers !

4. Carburettor: It's writen on the side of your carburettor 12,5 or 17,5mm, if the 12,5 version is used, i recommend to install a 17,5mm

5. Airfilter:Just keep it stock!

My tip: Spend a little more money on different kind of clutchsprings, Rollers and Jets!So the necessary adjustments can be made! Save on the clutch , airfilter, and if necessary variator.. Good luck!

Ok...THank you so much... Do anyone from the good exhaust models has a chrome version? It's much better cause it doesn't loose look. All my friends who use Yasuni don't have varnish on it(((

Yasuni R will be okay. Yasuni Z and Leovince ZX are terrible.

12mm is okay. 17,5mm is a little better.

Clutch is not neccesary, save money.

Variator by piaggio original is not bad. Save money

Airfilter KEEP ORIGINAL! Save a lot of trouble (also money)

Thanks....I'll try to catch my carburettor size...

Stage6 Pro exhaust has a chrome variant i believe, works also well on a 70cc cylinder

No Anything else won't help much ..the rest is all fine tuning

Only way you can go faster is buy a faster cylinder, better exhaust system, bigger carburettor etc
Then fine tune like :Reedvalves , Race ignition ,Overrange Set ..
The faster you wont to go ,the more expensive it's gonna get :D ;)

As your bike is build in 1998 you most probably do not have a 17,5mm but a 12mm Weber. I would replace it for a 17,5mm. Don't forget to place carbon reed petals to prevent damage to your cylinder when the petals break.

I wouldn't change the exhaust unless you are going to tune the cylinder. The money, the noise and the extra work to maintain the exhaust are not worth it imo.

I have more or less the same setup on my Gilera Stalker (70cc Malossi Sport, Sitoplus exhaust, 17,5mm) and I placed an Overrange kit. This is definitely worth the money. Especially on your bike because you have a 1998 model with the old type variator and rear pulleys. Your acceleration and topspeed will increase a lot when you place the overrange kit, because of the larger diameter of front and rear pulley, and the design of the pulleys.

Hope this helps to make a decision :)

As your bike is build in 1998 you most probably do not have a 17,5mm but a 12mm Weber. I would replace it for a 17,5mm. Don't forget to place carbon reed petals to prevent damage to your cylinder when the petals break.

Hi,
thank you very much. Do you think I need to look for my carburetor size careful? I mean to take it off? Or you're mostly sure that I have 12mm?
Do you mean carbon reeds or I need to change valve with reeds?
What model and brand is better?

I wouldn't change the exhaust unless you are going to tune the cylinder. The money, the noise and the extra work to maintain the exhaust are not worth it imo.
Thanks but I need to change it because it's very old and a little bit rusted... And I should to rebuild it all or buy new. I think the second one is better:)

Stage6 Pro exhaust has a chrome variant i believe, works also well on a 70cc cylinder
Thanks a lot. But I haven't got a chrome Stage6 Pro. At scooter-attack they have just Stage6 Pro replica. Is it good too? How is it compare with Yasuni R or Leo ZX?

So... I see just few models chrome...
1. Leo ZX / ZX-R
2. Stage6 PRO Replica CE
3. Tecnigas Next-R / TEK / RS II 70cc
4. Hebo Performer / NEW Performer

I read a lot about exhaust system...and almost all people recommend Yasuni R or somtimes Leo ZX... It seems like there isn't any other exhaust systems)

I read a lot about exhaust system...and almost all people recommend Yasuni R or somtimes Leo ZX... It seems like there isn't any other exhaust systems)

The Pro Replica is ok, But the technigas Rs70 or Yasuni R would do better on a 70cc , The Leovince Zx is a pretty bad exhaust for a 70cc as is the hebo performer..
Personally ,I would go with the technigas Rs2 70 , it´s pretty good value for money!!

The Pro Replica is ok, But the technigas Rs70 or Yasuni R would do better on a 70cc , The Leovince Zx is a pretty bad exhaust for a 70cc as is the hebo performer..
Personally ,I would go with the technigas Rs2 70 , it´s pretty good value for money!!
Thanks a lot...
But I heard that at all Technigas exhaust oil is leaking out of muffler:( Is it true?

Do I need the new Torque Spring?
I'm still thinking to buy a new clutch Hebo R, I think... Or there is better clutch that it is?
because it's not a big differences but clutch gives a big increase between a Motorforce (like an Original) and tune... I remember when I changed it, I was so happy...
Do I need to change clutch springs on it?

Why not put a little stiffer clutch springs in your stock spring? Would be my option. If you would like to invest money I would change the old type variator and rear pulleys for new type. OEM, Malossi, or Polini.

Thanks a lot...
But I heard that at all Technigas exhaust oil is leaking out of muffler:( Is it true?

No, why? Every exhaust can push oil out of the muffler! ,it only does so, when your mixture oil/gasoline is wrong ,or your pistonrings are worn out!
so NO that is not true !
The weights differ with every scooter/ every set-up , you need a few sets of rollers, to adjust and perfect the running of your engine

Back