Aerox 70cc clutch/torque spring help!

BEN-AEROX

hey there, i have a problem with my set-up... from idle when i pull the throttle the clutch engages straight away and it accelarates very slow up to about 15mph where the revs will kick in and it pulls hard untill about 35mph where the revs lower slightly then it will pick up and go on to top speed fine... It seems to be ok at high revs but low revs it doesnt like, e.g if you slow down from say 60mph to 30 and rev again it will take a long time to hit the powerband again... and going up hills is horrible. I think this is to do with the clutch/torque spring, as i have the polini 2G clutch does anyone no how to set it up properly ? im guessing it has to rev high from idle before engaging to create the most power... here is my set-up

Top Performance Due+ 70cc
Polini Full-Circle Race Crank
Race Water Pump
Giannelli Shot
Malossi 13/44 Gears
Polini Variator
3.6 Gram Rollers
Polini Kevlar Belt
Polini 2G Clutch
Dellorto 21mm PHBG
Malossi Manifold
Polini Reedcage
Polini Carbon Reeds
TNT Air Filter

Advertisement - register to remove this

Iv tryed setting the clutch in many different places and it just doesnt make any difference... It still pulls away so slow... it just doesn't want to rev, i was stuck doing 40mph on a long road today and it wont pick up. Iv put a new spark plug in, cleaned the air filter & upjetted it 1 size. Does anyone no what the correct plug is for the TP Due+ ? Iv got a BR8HS in and it may be to warm ? Thanks

i have the same cylinder and the same gearing mine seems to do nearly the same ive played with my clutch (malossi delta)and it was best how it was .recently after changing to lighter rollers 3.2g its not so bad

Iv tryed setting the clutch in many different places and it just doesnt make any difference... It still pulls away so slow... it just doesn't want to rev, i was stuck doing 40mph on a long road today and it wont pick up. Iv put a new spark plug in, cleaned the air filter & upjetted it 1 size. Does anyone no what the correct plug is for the TP Due+ ? Iv got a BR8HS in and it may be to warm ? Thanks

You need a higher stall speed. stronger clutch springs. I gave up on my 2G Polini and went to a stock Aerox 100 clutch with heavy springs and works good and handles the power.
frank

Sorted it :! the plug i had in there was a short reach NGK because i didn't no what was the correct one... it ran but it wasn't as powerfull as it should have been, i found out the correct plug for it and today i put in a NGK B9ES ( long reach ) and it goes like f**K now :#

Back