Which kind of engine?

Mexicano

Mexicano
Which kind of engine does the gilera runner 125 uses? is it a Minarelli horizontal engine?

I would love to know if the exhaust from this could be used on my Aerox 125 c.c. air cooled engine, I mean if the shape of the engine/header is the same as mine or If I need to make some modifications to it.

Thanks!

Advertisement - register to remove this

Mexicano said:
Which kind of engine does the gilera runner 125 uses? is it a Minarelli horizontal engine?

I would love to know if the exhaust from this could be used on my Aerox 125 c.c. air cooled engine, I mean if the shape of the engine/header is the same as mine or If I need to make some modifications to it.

Thanks!

The Runner Fx125 uses a Piaggio engine (125-150-180). The Areox has a totally different engine! 125 cc Aerox?? I know only 100 cc air cooled Aerox, or do you mean tuned 100 cc Aerox? You need to modify the pipe!!

Last edited:
If I remember right he got a bigger bore on his bike and I think a stroker crank as well to bump his displacement up.

yeap, my engine is originally 100 c.c but I added a 57.7 m.m. big bore kit and a 48 m.m crankshaft.

O.k. I understand that piaggio engines are different but, could the shape of the pipe be similar? Do you think I can use a exhaust from gilera in my engine?

Mexicano said:
yeap, my engine is originally 100 c.c but I added a 57.7 m.m. big bore kit and a 48 m.m crankshaft.

O.k. I understand that piaggio engines are different but, could the shape of the pipe be similar? Do you think I can use a exhaust from gilera in my engine?

The shape of the pipe is different, cause your engine is really horizontal, but the Piaggio engine has an X degrees angle, so the header shape is very different, even the header screws postition, and the mounting bracket too!

Back