What is this please

rms59

I bought a motor scooter at an auction for $900. It had 13 miles on it and still had plastic covering the seat.

On the right and left sides it says "Strada"
On the front cowl it says "EURO 125"
The Title says its a 2005 QianJiang, the model is Strada, and its a 125cc.
Under the seat stamped into the rubber it says "This 2004 Viaggio meets EPA" etc etc. Whats that about? Older seat maybe?

It looks much like the bike shown here.

http://www.uspowersport.com/scooterstradarx125.html

I really need a manual and to know what kind of oil goes into the crankcase since its kinda low.

Any help appreciated.

Dick

Advertisement - register to remove this

For the Oil use 4T, preferably fully synt ones, Mobil 1 Racing 4T or Repsol Scooter is very good.

It has a GY6 Engine... China made... Materials are kinda low quality so use the fully synt engine oil.

The good thing is you can purchase upgrade parts for the engine:
61mm cylinder kit
Stage 2 and 3 camshaft
2-6mm stroke cranks
Big Valve head
Gearings
Intake manifold to accomodate a bigger carb
Torque driver
etc etc.

MikkoR said:
For the Oil use 4T, preferably fully synt ones, Mobil 1 Racing 4T or Repsol Scooter is very good.

It has a GY6 Engine... China made... Materials are kinda low quality so use the fully synt engine oil.

The good thing is you can purchase upgrade parts for the engine:
61mm cylinder kit
Stage 2 and 3 camshaft
2-6mm stroke cranks
Big Valve head
Gearings
Intake manifold to accomodate a bigger carb
Torque driver
etc etc.

Thanks very much for the helpful info. Now, I can at least, get some oil for it. I don't intend to run this flat out, just tool around the neighborhood with it.

Edit. A motorcycle dealer who doesn't sell scooters told me that I should be running Sae 80W in this engine. Is that the proper weight?

Thanks again.

Dick

Last edited:
80W? its not a gearbox LOL

20W50, 10W40, 15W50 should be just fine, just change the oil at 500kms intervals. if it is brandnew, change the oil at 200kms, then 500kms then 1000kms then so on. For the 200kms and 500km you can use semi synt 4T.

MikkoR said:
80W? its not a gearbox LOL

20W50, 10W40, 15W50 should be just fine, just change the oil at 500kms intervals. if it is brandnew, change the oil at 200kms, then 500kms then 1000kms then so on. For the 200kms and 500km you can use semi synt 4T.

Thanks. Thats how knowledgeble this dealer was recommending 80w. I'm glad I didn't do it. I know nothing about scooters.

So, I will buy 10w40 mobil synthetic and go with that.

Thanks
Dick

Back