TEAM 80MM OR 85MM ROD?

The 13mm piston already uses 47.6 x 0.8mm ring!!!!:p I have checked.....
But like you are both saying, this should perform better than using the traditional mhr 1.0mm ring.

bys

Also another thing, how do we know that these mhr 7t t.version cylinder kits (tuned from malossi) have been ported and suitable for an 80mm rod, they may of been tuned for a 85mm rod?:)
Presuming they have tuned it for a 80mm becasue this is the more popular length and the standard 7t is suitable for the 80mm aswell!!!
Still guessing though.........;(

bys

Malossi only built the MHR Team 85mm rod crank for the Team Cross kit & even that they used a piston with a shorter piston pin to crown height so they won't have to use a 5mm spacer underneath the cilinder. one of the reasons they made a 5mm spacer is b'coz the Cross piston is very hard to find & the regular Speed) piston isn't.

adding more volume inside the carters will definitely change the engine power output but we don't know if it will be for the better or worse, only a dyno can tell that.

also i put the difference in port open duration using an 80 vs 85 rod & the change is less than 1degree which is negligible & i doubt if you can feel it.

Hiya Tiba!!!:)

Yeah i understand the cross piston is really hard to get, but as previously mentioned i have seen plenty of mina 7t with 80mm and 85mm and was just interested in the advantage/disadvantages.lol:p
Only 1 degree, thats nothing really like you said i doubt if you will even feel the difference, its not like the 85mm will be rubbish and the 80mm excellant its a case of setting it all up
Its not like i am doing something crazy by putting in the 85mm rather than the 80mm, lol

bys

Back