slider 172

If you want to fit a rear wheel with Aerox/Nitro design, you can fit the Kiesler EVO II rim with a custom spacer and a TNT 240mm oversized front disc from the Aerox/Nitro (because Aerox has a 3-bolt rim and a Runner has 5 bolts), you als need to cut away a little of the back from the right half of the casing, behind the mountings of te exhaust bracket, this way you don't have to make a new rearhub or customize the current one.

By the way, i see that you have a rear disc brake, but you have 125cc air cooled casings, how did you make it fit a Runner 125/180 Double Disc rim, did you weld a bracket for the caliper yourself ?
Or have you used Aprilia SR 125 casings with a mounting bracket ?

I also need to warn you that 125/180 engines without a bearing for the primary gear fitted in the variatorcover are very weak, they can break very easy at high speeds.
If you want to solve this problem there is a swingarm from BGM that stretches from the exhaustbracketmounts to the hub of the rear wheel, it bolts on the rear wheel by five bolts inside the swingarm is an extra bearing for the rear wheel so you have bearings on both sides, this is perfect when you pop a wheelie because the rear wheel can't twist away from the engine, when that happens without the swingarm it creates a lot of wear on the bearing of the rear wheel.

When you want to use this BGM swingarm with a Kiesler EVO II rim you have to make another rear hub from the swingarm to the wheel that bolts on with 3 bolts on the rim or one bolt directly at the hub.

Last edited:
this is all very expensive though and i havn't got that kind of money. i would like to change the rear wheel for a aerox wheel but am unsure of how to make a rear wheel converter, the engine is a sr 125 engine and came with rear disk mounts and i simply converted it by using a runner 125 rear hub and wheel

Yes i know it's very expensive with 150,- for the rim and 300,- for the swingarm, PM-Tuning makes a similar kind of swingarm themselves, maybe you can send them an E-mail about what they will cost, because they make these swingarms themselves i'm also pretty sure that they can make the Kiesler EVO II rim fit also in combination with the swingarm.

Making a spacer for the Kiesler EVO II rim isn't very difficult, I have one on my own Gilera Runner FXR Double Disc engine, i'm not at home right now but i can send you a drawing in Autocad from this spacer by monday.

with it been christmas i am a little short on money but hopefully i will be able to get all this done, and yeah id love the drawings of the aerox wheel converter for a runner but won't the converter mean that the rear wheel will not be in line with the front wheel?

No because the adapter brings both the brake disc and the rim in the correct position, but because the rim is 1.5 inch wider it sticks out 0.75 inch further to both sides then the original rim, this is why you have to grind a little of the back of the exhaustbracketmount on the right side of the crankcase or you can use only a 130/60-13 instead of a tyre up from 140/60-13 to 160/70-13 with the adapter i designed you also need to change the brake disc to a TNT 240mm oversized disc for the Yamaha Aerox front wheel, because this is the only 240mm disc with 3 bolt fitting i have found so far, i also found out that Jos Dijkman can give you the design of another spacer wich works with the original brake disc or PM-Tuning wave disc with 5-bolt mounts.

im getting abit conffused :s i don't under stand why i will have to change my front disk because im changing my rear wheel?
i want to keep the aerox wheel's, so could you maybe ask Jos dijkman for a picture of the spacer where i can keep the original gilera disk on the rear, and my 280mm stage6 disk on the front please!!!
many thanks LOSLOS

Last edited:
The disc is made for the Aerox front wheel, but a Aprilia/Gilera/Piaggio 125/180 engine has a 240mm rear disc, and because the disc mounts for the Aerox are the same in front as at the back you need to fit a 240mm disc in your rear wheel instead of the standard 190mm rear disc that's on the Aerox.

I just tried uploading the picture of the Dijkman spacer but for some strange reason i can't post any attachments, when you go to the hall of fame of this forum you have to click at the Dijkmans Dragster project and you will see two pictures of the spacer.

http://forum.scooterforum.net/forum/f53/dijkmans-dragracer-96551/

This is the link where you can find the pictures of the spacer.

ah i see the adapter, but i still do not under stand why i will have the change the rear disk as i have the same one as the one in the photo i have a runner rear hub and disk?

Last edited:
With the spacer from Jos Dijkman you can keep your original disc, but this adapter isn't symmetrical because it converts the 5-bolt brake disc hub to a 3-bolt wheel hub, it's better to have a 3-bolt wheelhub and 3-bolt disc hub, but then you have to change the reardisc also for a 240mm disc with 3-bolt mounts and the only disc that has a 240mm diameter is a TNT disc for the Aerox front wheel.

Couple of new parts
DSC00139.jpg

DSC00140.jpg

DSC00144.jpg

Back